Clutch Squeal/Squeak

OregonAl

I noticed today that as I let the clutch out from a stop, there is a squeal toward the end of the clutch lever travel. If it was a car I would guess throwout bearing. Any ideas? Of course this happens practically on the eve of the National. Should it need immediate repair it is unlikely I'll get the part(s) and get them installed in time. :(

I noticed today that as I let the clutch out from a stop, there is a squeal toward the end of the clutch lever travel. If it was a car I would guess throwout bearing. Any ideas? Of course this happens practically on the eve of the National. Should it need immediate repair it is unlikely I'll get the part(s) and get them installed in time. :(

I noticed this on my bike (2004 LM) too right after I bought it used. After putting some miles on it the squeak stopped. Sounded like the clutch splines with some clutch debris in there.

I noticed this on my bike (2004 LM) too right after I bought it used. After putting some miles on it the squeak stopped. Sounded like the clutch splines with some clutch debris in there.

Interesting...I tried to hear the noise on my last ride and could not get it to reappear. Don't know if it matters but your '04 has a different clutch than mine(single plate).