Another Tank Suck problem

FalcoLion

Ok guys here is the problem. My bike is 2004 Ballabio so its safe to assume that its has fuel pump in the gas tank. I had an issue with this stupid problem last year. But since I haven't riden this bike much because I got it basically at the end of the season last year, I didn't bother with it to much. I followed John's Ryland3210 recommendations for placing tip over valve. I even check it by blowing thru it to make sure it wasn't clogged or anything like that. In any case my tank developed tank suck symptomps just by sitting (bike wasn't ran for a while). Today I have completely removed carbon canister from the bottom (used T-connector to connect all hoses) I also completely eliminated tip over valve by placing regular barb connector to connect two sides of the pipes. Basicaly all connectors are direct pass thru. I run the bike for 2-3 minutes and it developed horrible tank suck symptoms. It feels like tank is not getting any air. What should I do now?

This f*ing bike is pissing me off. It looks awesome especially after I have installed LeMans faring on it and installed ConvertiBars instead of original Ballabio bar. I want to ride it. It sounds awesome but I can't take it for the ride just yet.

PI know there are a lot of people who know a thing or two about these bikes so please chome in

Thanks

Vlad

I am not among the technical geniuses of this site, but the only thing I can think is that the tubing is clogged. Try pulling off the tubing and blowing through it.

My tank suck disappeared immediately upon removing the tipover valve .

Good luck.

Here's how you can ride the bike before you solve this! Just remove the rubber gasket from the gas cap. It will stink up your garage but at least you can ride withoug sucking your tank. :luigi:

Joe

Is the tank actually visibly shrinking, how do you KNOW its the dreaded suck?

Can you tell/see some difference when you have the bike running, and THEN crack the cap?

And when seated on my '04 with the cap flipped up, there is a hole in the 7:00 position with a 3/16" dia. (+/-) that LOOKS like a tank vent. I am too old to see the hole clearly up close, and when not fuzzy, it's too far away to SEE...and I cannot find it anywhere in my manual, perhaps that will help alittle...or start a new thread :o Good luck, S.H.

Is the tank actually visibly shrinking, how do you KNOW its the dreaded suck?

Can you tell/see some difference when you have the bike running, and THEN crack the cap?

And when seated on my '04 with the cap flipped up, there is a hole in the 7:00 position with a 3/16" dia. (+/-) that LOOKS like a tank vent. I am too old to see the hole clearly up close, and when not fuzzy, it's too far away to SEE...and I cannot find it anywhere in my manual, perhaps that will help alittle...or start a new thread :o Good luck, S.H.

Yeah I see the hole. I really don't want to stink up my garage because the fumes will travel to my apartment. I actually will be replacing all hoses to see which one is glogged if any.

I followed John's Ryland3210 recommendations for placing tip over valve. I even check it by blowing thru it to make sure it wasn't clogged or anything like that.

So, it is strapped vertically, and you could blow are through the tip over valve to the tank?

Strapping it anything other than vertically won't work, and air should flow into the tip over valve, towards the tank. If you tested it blowing towards the evaporation cannisters, that would not be an adequate test.

Remove the fuel cap assembly and make sure the 2 pipes that are moulded into the tank itself are clear, the one on the left is for fuel filling overflow / rain and the one on the right is the breather.

Thanks guys. All suggestions are good. I really doubt that I get a kink cause I am watching it. I even took the valve out now. The valve is gone now so theoreticaly there should be nothing to prevent the tank from breathing. I will check out everything.

Thanks

I pulled out that little rubber grommet that is under the gas cap. It's been like that since last summer. No fumes that I have noticed and no tank suck.

If I crash and the tank falls upside down enough to spill gas out this hole, that would suck ( no pun intended) but if it comes to that, I'm going to have much bigger problems to deal with anyway

I pulled out that little rubber grommet that is under the gas cap. It's been like that since last summer. No fumes that I have noticed and no tank suck.

If I crash and the tank falls upside down enough to spill gas out this hole, that would suck ( no pun intended) but if it comes to that, I'm going to have much bigger problems to deal with anyway

I pulled that plug out and what do you know no more tank problem. Thanks for suggestion