She's got 10k on 'er...Yup, 10k...

savagehenry

Just did my first year anniversary ride, and crossed the 10,000 mile mark on the odometer, and 5,000 for us since I bought my Nero. As usual, plans changed, then changed, and changed again, for me and my buddies, leading up to the ride. Finally my favorite plan worked. Went solo. And instead of the middle and SW corner of Wisconson as I had planned earlier, I went to visit a friend 1/2 hr. north of Dubuque. Many think Iowa is FLAT, as in "Interstate 80, hours without TOUCHING the steering wheel" FLAT. But the areas along and around the Mississippi River are PERFECT for our bikes. Big sweeping curves through the unglaciated hills, enough where I could not see apexes for the radii and elevation changes. The Big Muddy, the trees, the air just filled with eagles, what more could you want?...Oh yeah, I also only saw ONE police officer ALL DAY! And I looked...so I could tell him there were other people exceding the speed limit all day,"No, thank YOU, just doin' muh part, Sir" :sun: Man, this bike sounds sooo effin' good wickin' it up, and rumblin' through those hills! Did just under 400 miles before 2:30 in the afternoon. I would highly suggest this destination if at all feasible, you will be rewarded by the motorcycle Gods for your wisdom...

Also, thanks to you all on this site for helping me make THE CHOICE; "Le Mans? or Cafe Sport? Le Ma...", and providing me with some help, some definately interesting reading, and for "enabling" my hard hitting MG addiction. Jaap, thanks Man.

:notworthy::mg::wub: Namaste, S.H.

Sounds like you had a great ride.

I often find myself going solo and it turns out to be some of my best rides. I also find people more willing to ask questions and start up a conversation. I think a group puts them off.

Be careful.

D