rattling Ballabio windscreen

Guest parvo

Guest parvo

On my way to work today my 04 Ballabio started making a weird buzzing noise. When I got home I parked it and revved up the engine until I narrowed it down to the windscreen. I tightened everything and it still buzzes. It looks like it is rattling against my light. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks.

On my way to work today my 04 Ballabio started making a weird buzzing noise. When I got home I parked it and revved up the engine until I narrowed it down to the windscreen. I tightened everything and it still buzzes. It looks like it is rattling against my light. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks.

This was picked up on a while back, the cure is to put 3 small thin strips of rubber (sticky backing)on the headlight rim at 10,12and 2 o clock positions where it touches the fairing, stopped my rattle :P

Gary

• 3 weeks later...

On my 04'Ballabio, the first rattle was actually a loose small piece of glass inside the headlight. No crack on the outside. Don't know how it happened in the first place and it happened to others as well. So I got that piece out through the bulb opening and VOILA !!!

The second time around, I just wrapped the entire headlight with bicycle tubing and now the fairing doesn't interfere with the headlight.

Go get it !!!

On my 04'Ballabio, the first rattle was actually a loose small piece of glass inside the headlight. No crack on the outside. Don't know how it happened in the first place and it happened to others as well. So I got that piece out through the bulb opening and VOILA !!!

The second time around, I just wrapped the entire headlight with bicycle tubing and now the fairing doesn't interfere with the headlight.

Go get it !!!

Mine started making a buzzing noise recently as well, and... the headlight "bucket" had a broken clip in it (probably from a rock hit). The fairing was just holding it together. It's currently held together by packing tape. =(

This was picked up on a while back, the cure is to put 3 small thin strips of rubber (sticky backing)on the headlight rim at 10,12and 2 o clock positions where it touches the fairing, stopped my rattle :P

Gary

Cafe sport does the same,....I adjusted headlight by the two side screws, taking care that it is not in contact with the ....lips

of windscreen.Things improved,...but if it starts again your idea ...is good :thumbsup: