Remove LeManns Fairing

aerodyne

Any suggestions would be wellcome,

I have an oil leak from the head cover joint to cylinder head on my 05 LeManns, Have decided to remove both head covers, check valve clearences and renew both gaskets. Any tips to remove the fairing would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I have an oil leak from the head cover joint to cylinder head on my 05 LeManns, Have decided to remove both head covers, check valve clearences and renew both gaskets. Any tips to remove the fairing would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

try to remove the fairing in one piece. same with reattachment. remove the lower two pieces and pull the black inner cover.if you can get to all the screws it should all come off intact. also remove the tank prior to the fairing. good luck.

Unless you plan on other work up front, you don't have to remove the fairing at all. Did all that on mine no problem. But it be a good time to do that headlight relay if you do pull it. Good luck either way, and sorry if I'm simply stating the obvious :wacko: S.H.

Guest frankdugo

the valve cover gaskets are very durable,try a re-tight first.

the valve cover gaskets are very durable,try a re-tight first.

Tried a retight, still weeping just a little. Thanks for all help.

Unless you plan on other work up front, you don't have to remove the fairing at all. Did all that on mine no problem. But it be a good time to do that headlight relay if you do pull it. Good luck either way, and sorry if I'm simply stating the obvious :wacko: S.H.

Good advice, head covers off without removing fairing, valve clearances done, gaskets made, all back together. Thanks. Will sort headlight relay when fairing does need to come off.

Removing the fairing in one piece is super easy. I take it off before removing the tank.

Remove mirrors.

Remove the two screws in front of the turn signals.

Disconnect turn signal wires.

Remove the two front lower screws from the scoop panels.

Remove the two screws nearest your knees.

Go around front and grab both side panels.

Pull side panels slightly apart and slide fairing forward.