idle problems

Guest BIGGERJIM

Guest BIGGERJIM

hello yall

my 2001 v11 was idling to low after a tb and tps adj months ago. but was performing fine.

so i decided to adjust it today, after a ride, and of course when i turned the idle up

the tps got off. so i went thru the whole process agian got the tps at 521mv at idle

got everything balanced and now it will all of the sudden just cut off when idling.

at idle the tps is at 521mv, and the idle is at 1100 or 1200 per the tach.

but i will cut off at will. i really should have left it alone. but i want my guzzi right. :D

any suggestions would be appreciated.

thank big jim

If you want to increase the idle speed of a perfectly tuned bike without altering TPS and stuff at all, the party trick is to give more air bleed only. You'd want to have synch gauges connected though.

That being said, you could have just raised the idle speed using LH idle screw and considered yourself done. If the bike was running fine, why would you want to mess with the rest? The target is not 521 mV. The target is a bike running fine!!

No bashing intended, just food for thought :oldgit:

Guest BIGGERJIM
If you want to increase the idle speed of a perfectly tuned bike without altering TPS and stuff at all, the party trick is to give more air bleed only. You'd want to have synch gauges connected though.

That being said, you could have just raised the idle speed using LH idle screw and considered yourself done. If the bike was running fine, why would you want to mess with the rest? The target is not 521 mV. The target is a bike running fine!!

No bashing intended, just food for thought :oldgit:

thanks fellows i will iron it out tommorow

thanks big jim