New to me Lemans

fotoguzzi

Congratulations on the LeMans foto! I have been running Metzler sport tecs on my RC and love them, but there are as you know different tires for different styles of riding. I previously ran a set of Michlen pilot roads and thought they were pretty good as well. You can buy the Buell directionals for a lot less money and you can get them with a smoked outer lense for a different look, one nice thing with Buell parts is the stalks are flexible not ridged like the Guzzi ones but look exactly the same. Good luck with the new toy!

hal

:thumbsup:

how do you get the bar end caps off? I took out the bolt but they are stuck in there.

I can't quite remember how I got mine off but I've got a feeling they are like a rawl bolt (or the steering stem on a pushbike ?)so if you put the bolt back in a few threads and lightly tap it the weight will pull out. But I may be thinking of something else so hopefully someone else will advise :D

+1 for the buell indicators :thumbsup:

how do you get the bar end caps off? I took out the bolt but they are stuck in there.

Congrat's on the new bike! :bier: Once you have the bolt out the weight should come off. The only thing holding it on at that point is probably corrosion ;) . Be aware that once the weight is off there's a little dowel pin under it that can fall out and disappear if you're not careful. Tapping on the bolt might help, but don't hit it too hard or you'll bend the little dowel pin.

The only thing holding it on at that point is probably corrosion

its all over the poor beast, I dont think any of the fasteners have been turned since 2002.. thats OK it only has 7800 miles and looking good knock on wood. I havn't stripped anything yet. the axles were on TIGHT! got new tires but need to source wheel bearings on sunday, might not get to ride yet.

IMG_0848.jpg

Interesting instrument(s).

Is that an altimeter? B)

thats a standard Convert dash, big speedo no tach... Its no ordinary Convert tho... I have a 98 EV 1100 motor and all life systems with the vert frame and AUTO tranny! its like riding a magic carpet!

IMG_0573.jpg

IMG_0572.jpg

Does this mean we should watch for an 8-valve 1200 in your LeMans in the future?

theres an idea I haven't thought about yet... my other friends think I'd want an auto in the Lemans but oh no, she loves to rev above 5k too much.