Van, did you make it to the Rally?

OregonAl

• 1 month later...

Hi Al,

Really sorry I missed you at the rally. We got held up in S.F. by having way too much fun, then pushed off route by the fires closing down Hwy 1, and ended getting to Malibu just in time to set up our tents and watch the end of the auction on the last day!! So, we came all that way and missed the whole darn thing just about. Next day we wandered down to Venice Beach and while minding our own business bumped into "jedi 1" and his buddy at a bar.........safe to say we didn't make track day on friday either....

a real pitty as l've been looking forward to meeting up with as many of the V11 gang as l could and to blasting 'round a track.

Saturday started really well with a trip to the Rock Store and then to Ojai on hwy's 23 and 150. We were then on our way to Sequoia on hwy 33 going up the canyon when Tom my son was hit by a guy in a Suburban who had crossed the line on one of those hairpins.

It's been an absolute nightmare but after 3 weeks in the Ventura ICU he was airlifted to Vancouver and the trauma ward here. Recovery has been amazing but he will have a long way to go yet before he'll be up and about.

Cheers

Van

Three weeks in ICU is rough. Glad to hear he'll be up and about, eventually. Best wishes for you and your family.

On a more trivial note, sorry I did not get to meet you guys.

Even though I made the track day, I don't know which gent was Al. It was not till I saw people loading up a Tenni at the end that I recalled Al said he would be at the track day.

I do want to make the next National Rally in Oregon and maybe visit Vancouver on the same trip.