Carbon Fibre Cockpit

Jens.V11

Hi Guys,

i´m searching for a CF Cockpit for my V11 like the one that was on the first Scura if i´m not mistaken.

I would be glad if you can give me a link to a dealer or maybe you have one on your own bike and you want to replace it, sell your bike ...

Thanks

Thanks, but i´m not searching for the windshield like cockpit-cover (as you can see on my avatar i already have one^^). I´m searching for the thing the instruments are mounted in and that is normally made of black alloy. I haven´t found that one on Mr. Lammers site.

gauge bracket.

I'd like one, too. My Nero Corsa has the ugly purple (faded black?) metal one.

I've seen 'em a time, or two on Ebay, but haven't won one yet.

Guest V11RossoNigel

I have just ordered the normal black ally one direct from Mandello, and as far as I know they have in stock the carbon fibre one that the Rosso Mandello used as standard......they are about three times the price of the ally one, in british pounds they came to about 65.00 pounds for the carbon version, like I said are available, or were three weeks ago. Go to any main dealer and check out on their order link to Mandello.

I too have the black (purple) metal one on my RC, it seems as though someone was making one as well as some other bits from carbon fiber. I remember seeing side panels and a seat cowl cover as well.

65.00 pounds for the carbon version

Chessus Rice, that come with a transatlantic happy ending? thats a buttload of money for such a small peice of useless carbon. I'm perfectly happy with my satin silver now, it'll last longer than the CF one too. all this coming from a guy that went nutso trying to find the fabled carbon fiber chinpad that came on the rosso mandello as well(and I did) ^_^

really I just wish I would have been able to find a Rosso Mandello when I was in the market but they were quite scarce.

Chessus Rice, that come with a transatlantic happy ending? thats a buttload of money for such a small peice of useless carbon. I'm perfectly happy with my satin silver now, it'll last longer than the CF one too. all this coming from a guy that went nutso trying to find the fabled carbon fiber chinpad that came on the rosso mandello as well(and I did) ^_^

really I just wish I would have been able to find a Rosso Mandello when I was in the market but they were quite scarce.

Sorry Ben, the Rosso Mandello came with the regular chinpad. You my be thinking of the Scura :ninja:

Are you kidding about my exclusive cf instrument holder? My bike is so light the front end nearly floats because of that thing! :lol: Whatever the cost for that thing, its well worth it! :rolleyes: I would like that cf rear seat cover & the cf tailpiece with a set of cf rims but I havent won the lottery yet.

I sometimes wonder just how much weight I could shed off the bike if I put all the cf gear on it with a quat d exhaust. I'm thinking somewhere between 35 & 50lbs, but it would lighten my checking account to the tune of about $100 per each pound :o

If anyone is looking for a CF seat cowl, I make them. They aren't perfect, but they still look pretty good. PM me for info.

I'm also experimenting with putting a new top layer of CF over the original, using UV resistant resin and a UV resistant top coat. I messed mine up pretty good last year and I figure it'd be cheaper to do that than replace the whole thing since I have all the materials. I'll keep y'all posted and if it works out, I may offer a refurbishing service for this.

If anyone is looking for a CF seat cowl, I make them. They aren't perfect, but they still look pretty good. PM me for info.

I'm also experimenting with putting a new top layer of CF over the original, using UV resistant resin and a UV resistant top coat. I messed mine up pretty good last year and I figure it'd be cheaper to do that than replace the whole thing since I have all the materials. I'll keep y'all posted and if it works out, I may offer a refurbishing service for this.

Would you consider CF coating the tailpiece ? I would be glad to pay you to do one?