I Broke It. Cant find another !

Bruce Reader

I have been messing (Tuning throttle bodies etc)on the Scura and have buggered the black plastic connector that attaches to the right side of the connecting rod that synchronises the throttle butterfly valves.

Does anyone know where i can get one ? It is not a seperate listed part in the 2002 parts manual.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Bruce

p.s Ditto for the connecting rod. I can have one made if need be.

p.p.s I recently found that my steering head bearings were well and truly stuffed-Mostly right side damage. They felt fine untill i removed the wheel and forks off the front then click, click click. Worth checking next time the forks are off !

I have been messing (Tuning throttle bodies etc)on the Scura and have buggered the black plastic connector that attaches to the right side of the connecting rod that synchronises the throttle butterfly valves.

Does anyone know where i can get one ? It is not a seperate listed part in the 2002 parts manual.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Bruce

p.s Ditto for the connecting rod. I can have one made if need be.

p.p.s I recently found that my steering head bearings were well and truly stuffed-Mostly right side damage. They felt fine untill i removed the wheel and forks off the front then click, click click. Worth checking next time the forks are off !

Bruce

It's just a small ball joint (try Google) with M5 (I think) threads. You will need to file/grind off the old one revitted to the lever connected to the throttele body very carefully.

Phil

Bruce

It's just a small ball joint (try Google) with M5 (I think) threads. You will need to file/grind off the old one revitted to the lever connected to the throttele body very carefully.

Phil

M5 is correct. Someone claimed to have found one that fits the existing ball, from an old Volvo engine...

["wait a minute..." pause while searching Centauro forums]

...and here's a tip from cog: "Mercedes throttle rod end, p/n 000 991 88 22" should fit without hassle: http://www.centauro-owners.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=10729