hose on intake manifolds

scottybee

On my 03 LeMans the hose going from one intake to the other has a T in the center with another hose attached then that hose is capped off with a bolt.

This obviously was done by the previous owner. So if it is capped off then why even have the T at all? I assume this is some sort of a breather hose to help equalize air between the intakes. Is it supposed to have a vent hose? Can I just replace it with a solid hose from one side to the other?

It used to hook up to the emissions canisters(as typically found on Cal bikes. All Guzzis are Cal bikes in the US).

On my 03 LeMans the hose going from one intake to the other has a T in the center with another hose attached then that hose is capped off with a bolt.

This obviously was done by the previous owner. So if it is capped off then why even have the T at all? I assume this is some sort of a breather hose to help equalize air between the intakes. Is it supposed to have a vent hose? Can I just replace it with a solid hose from one side to the other?

You can remove the hose & the brass nipple fittings. Then just cap the holes with a couple bolts with some washers for spacers. Remember to save the brass (bronze?) fittings for when you need to balance the throttle bodies.

I'd just leave the nipples in there and connect them with a single hose. The small advantage to it is that you don't have to buy plugs or put the nipples in a safe place.