tenni #137 spotted

Guest thomas6082

#137 is for sale in Thousand Oaks, CA, for $9500.

http://www.vespato.com/new_vehicle_detail....pov=826077&

These are the best looking bikes I have ever seen. I am thinking about buying a tenni or the new griso 1200. The tenni is way more beautiful but I wonder whether I will work on it more than ride it.

I just completed a 2000 mile trip on my Tenni, including a day at the track. No problems.

I have 40,000 miles on my Tenni without any engine or electrical problems.

I believe a large part of that is due to having a good dealer set up & support.

only problem has been 3 rear wheel bearing failures.

24,000 miles on mine, and no major issues here, either. As it's been said before on the forum, a lot of people have very few problems with the V11. On the forums, however, trouble spots tend to get magnified to where it might seem the bikes are unreliable. I think you might find that with alot of model-specific forums. Like Orson said, dealer setup and preventative maintenance are key. With any Guzzi, you have to keep on top of certain things more than with some of the Japanese brands but as you said, they sure are good looking!

But then, I might be a bit partial to the brand. :mg:

• 8 months later...
This bike has resurfaced on craigslist in Ny.

Asking $9300!!!! :o

And cheap at TWICE the price.... :oldgit:

What price the exclusivity... the shear beauty.....the history......the story......the sound......the exhilaration...... :wub: ......

oh, God, :blush: now I've done it.......just thinking about firing up #125 and heading off down the highway,.... "that" :mg: .sound, the roar, the wind, the feel of the bike on the road.. :race: ...it's all too much.....

Say, $9,300.00.......that IS pretty steep, good return on investment though if the owner gets it!

:bier:

Cheers

Van

I guess the fairness of the asking price depends on your local market. I got mine earlier this year with very few km on the clock and paid a little more than the asking price on this one (I did a currency conversion to figure it out). My bike did come with aftermarket mufflers as well as the stock items, and both seats. So that certainly sweetened the deal.

I'd think that if this bike is low millage and in top condition perhaps the price is not too crazy? After all, it is not a bike you will get the chance to buy every day. Besides, if it what you really want, you should go for it. I did, and I'm happy because I will not look back in the future and think of what might have been.