My V11 Mandello's still best!

stockport claret

Went up to Moto Strada in Shipley to collect a pair of 1200 sport mirrors for my V11. The originals had become stuck and unadjustable. The 1200 Sport mirrors looked OK and now there on they look so much better.

While I was there I asked to have a ride out on both the Griso and 1200 Sport.

The Griso is the first bike in a long while to make me nervous of it's handling :( , the bars are too wide and the front end too light for me and was glad to get off it. The 1200 Sport which I love the look of felt so much better but did not like the way I ended up leaning on the tank.

So came away knowing that my Rosso Mandello :wub: is so much nicer to :race: ride than both the Griso and 1200 Sport.

The journey home was not so good though. Left the motorway to travel over Saddleworth Moor only to collide with a sheep that had decided to cross the road right infront of me. I managed to stay on when it hit me on the left side of the bike but it broke off the gear change lever :angry:. This made for an interesting journey home as I was able to get the bike into a gear, 4th or 5th I think. But being unable to change gear meant lots of slipping clutch to start up from traffic lights and stop signs. :notworthy: my :mg: for getting me home.

I had a similar experience last year. I really enjoyed riding the Griso, but was then certain that my V11 was the bike for me. And glad to hear you taught that damn sheep a lesson and lived to tell about it! :lol: He won't try THAT again in the future... To help you with your broken part, we've currently got an interesting thread on shifter levers, (and how to properly thump someone in a Mad Max style road battle!)...Good, no, better luck on the road, S.H.,

• 3 weeks later...
The Griso is the first bike in a long while to make me nervous of it's handling :( , the bars are too wide and the front end too light for me and was glad to get off it.

When I had to leave my V11S at the dealer for some time he loaned me his V11S which was identical to mine but with higher handlebar installed. I couldn't believe how much the front end felt light and unstable comparing to mine. The original clip-ons put your body weight more towards the front and it makes a noticeable difference.

I felt very uneasy with these higher bars and could not enjoy the bike properly. I am also glad thet my body size and archtecture make the clip-ons more comfortable then higher bars. Contrary to even my own expectations out of all my bikes the most comfortable one for long trips is '04 R1.

I had a similar experience a few weeks ago (not the sheep part!). I rode out to a demo event and was able to ride an MV Augusta F4, Brutale and 312, also I rode all the new Benelli machines. It was a great day of fun but to be honest I was glad to get back on my LeMans for the hour long ride home! I have to confess those other bikes are nice but not nice enough to want to give up mine. The last bike I rode was an 07 Norge which I liked very much. The power was a little low but it was a great handling machine and seemed to perform better around 5-6k. I could get used to the comfort of that one in a hurry!

Was it mutton for dinner?

Hal