04 V11 Ballabio - need opinion

arek

Hello all,

my name is Arek and I am new to the forum. I am trying to purchase a V11 and I found an 2004 V11 Ballabio with 3500 miles on it in red - it is beautiful - and the seller is asking 6500 for it. is that a fair price? I offered 6k but havent heard back. any input is grealty appreciated. cheers!

Sounds like a god deal.If you can get a member to look at it with you they will know to look at or for. What do you currently ride? Be forewarned these are addictive and love attention...Don't let $500 keep you.... I missed the dream of dreams because I stumbled over $500

I have an 04' Ballabio and love it. I rank it as about the most enjoyable all around motorcycle I have ever owned, and I've owned a few. I have had nearly zero issues with it. No problems with the relays, no problems with the shifter spring etc. Nothing. I've got nearly 30,000 miles on it and it's been very dependable.

With all that gushing, I will say though, that it has one of the worst speedometers I have ever had on a motorcycle. There are options for it though. I paid about the same money with about the same miles as the one you're looking at, so the price seems reasonable.

Have you driven it yet? I'm sorry to tell you that once you drive it, you'll be hooked.

Good luck.

Hello all,

my name is Arek and I am new to the forum. I am trying to purchase a V11 and I found an 2004 V11 Ballabio with 3500 miles on it in red - it is beautiful - and the seller is asking 6500 for it. is that a fair price? I offered 6k but havent heard back. any input is grealty appreciated. cheers!

Picture attahced :)

I am soo stoked! :rolleyes:

guzzi.JPG

6500...buy it! You'll not regret it. k

Thanks for the support :) I just bought it for 6k! But I have to wait till next week to get it. Before I had a Monster 900 and l liked it a lot, but sold it before moving to NYC a couple years back. Now in SoCal I wanted to rebuy the M900, but while looking for it I just fell for the V11. I was also considering the Griso, but there is just something about the V11 ... as you all might know. The bike has only 3k miles and the owner - the only owner - says he just has not ridden it much. Also there was nothing done on the bike, no recall work, nothing, just the 3k miles oil change. Is there anything I should be thinking about doing right off the bat mechanically? I did find so much info on the forum already, so thanks for that. Well, thanks again.

Thanks for the support :) I just bought it for 6k! But I have to wait till next week to get it. Before I had a Monster 900 and l liked it a lot, but sold it before moving to NYC a couple years back. Now in SoCal I wanted to rebuy the M900, but while looking for it I just fell for the V11. I was also considering the Griso, but there is just something about the V11 ... as you all might know. The bike has only 3k miles and the owner - the only owner - says he just has not ridden it much. Also there was nothing done on the bike, no recall work, nothing, just the 3k miles oil change. Is there anything I should be thinking about doing right off the bat mechanically? I did find so much info on the forum already, so thanks for that. Well, thanks again.

Arek, there's a lot of good advice here, and also at www.guzzitech.com.

Would like to see you up at Newcomb's Ranch after you take delivery of the Ballabio.

Mike

Pasadena, CA

'04 Cafe Sport

Is there anything I should be thinking about doing right off the bat mechanically? I did find so much info on the forum already, so thanks for that. Well, thanks again.

Look up threads here about:

Lubing the front driveshaft bearing.

Cush drive maintenance

Lubing the shift or brake pivots

Installing a sloppage sheet

Relays

Suspension upgrades/setting sag

Don't be alarmed: this is just the "remedial reading" list so you can be familiar w/ the hot topics; you may/may not want to perform all these tasks, but you should at least know what tends to intrude on the off-topic banter around here! :D

• 3 weeks later...

... took delivery of the Ballabio last Sat. the bike is amazing, and I can’t stop looking at it. I was telling my gf that if I was to compare its looks to the monster; monster is a nice shirt and pants with some cool Italian shoes and a watch, where as V11 is ... wearing an expensive Italian suit :) but a picture is worth 1000 words:

guzzi0003.JPG