What are these made of?

savagehenry

Just bought the Moto Guzzi front cross over gaskets in an attempt to tighten my loose pipe. They appear to be made of some really soft type of plastic, with a shiny, almost pewtery coating. Anyone know what they are really made of? And no, I can't post pictures right now, sorry. Thanks for your input, S.H.

Just bought the Moto Guzzi front cross over gaskets in an attempt to tighten my loose pipe. They appear to be made of some really soft type of plastic, with a shiny, almost pewtery coating. Anyone know what they are really made of? And no, I can't post pictures right now, sorry. Thanks for your input, S.H.

Where did you get them? I need the same thing for my bike.

Thanks

I think they are made of some graphite matrix stuff. Any Guzzi dealer should have them. An installation tip:

Loosen all the clamps in the system, as well as the header bolts. Fit the bushings and then fit the crossover into both header pipes. Then, wrap a motorcycle tiedown around both headers. Cinch it tight, which will seat the front crossover sockets firmly into the bushings. Then wiggle everything so it can find where it wants to be. Tighten the header bolts and then all the clamps. At Moto I, we haven't seen a single leaker since we began fitting them thusly.

I think they are made of some graphite matrix stuff. Any Guzzi dealer should have them. An installation tip:

Loosen all the clamps in the system, as well as the header bolts. Fit the bushings and then fit the crossover into both header pipes. Then, wrap a motorcycle tiedown around both headers. Cinch it tight, which will seat the front crossover sockets firmly into the bushings. Then wiggle everything so it can find where it wants to be. Tighten the header bolts and then all the clamps. At Moto I, we haven't seen a single leaker since we began fitting them thusly.

This procedure needs to be flagged for the "Critical Tips" section! :thumbsup:

An installation tip:

Thanks Greg, your procedure is precisely why I bought these pretty darn expensive gaskets.

And to Polebridge, got em at my local MG shop, at about $50.00 for the pair! :o , but when ya needs em, ya buys em...

...I will report back on my success/problems when I've got them in, and put on some miles, S.H.