Where is Mike Rich

FE-427

I need to get some heads done

Basically I need to get the chamber welded up similar to a Branch head.

Also I need the heads flowed with bigger valves...Any clues where I can get this done?

2000 V11 Sport

Thanks in advance :bier:

I need to get some heads done

Basically I need to get the chamber welded up similar to a Branch head.

Also I need the heads flowed with bigger valves...Any clues where I can get this done?

2000 V11 Sport

Thanks in advance :bier:

Here: http://www.mikerichmotorsports.com/

Call him up, I'm sure he'll be happy to talk with you about it.

Thanks for the links

I was calling the old number from the Guzzi Tech page and got worried

I have known Jerry Branch since the mid 80's and learned a lot about flow dynamics from him. Probably just enough to screw things up, but at any rate the ownership has changed and all you get is an answering machine..

I will keep trying.. I am just not sure if Mike would do the weld up to a bath tub style head. I would prefer that he does the heads but we will see....

Thanks again ..

Cheers :bier:

Thanks for the links

I was calling the old number from the Guzzi Tech page and got worried

I have known Jerry Branch since the mid 80's and learned a lot about flow dynamics from him. Probably just enough to screw things up, but at any rate the ownership has changed and all you get is an answering machine..

I will keep trying.. I am just not sure if Mike would do the weld up to a bath tub style head. I would prefer that he does the heads but we will see....

Thanks again ..

Cheers :bier:

I think he'll do it, but from email with him about the same idea, I know he'll recommend just getting a set of his pistons, which will actually match the v11 head contours properly to provide squish [which the stock & FBF pistons do not.] Basically, it provides 50% of the performance of what you're trying to do for 25% of the price. Anyway, talk to him, I'm sure he'll be willing to at least discuss what you're trying to achieve & the best way to go about it.

Me, I'd like a properly designed modern combustion chamber too, instead of the 40's era one under a pile of band-aids we've got now... ;)

Basically, it provides 50% of the performance of what you're trying to do for 25% of the price.

Twin-Plugging, re-mapped fueling, re-mapped ignition, a cam, and some porting, and you may be at 150% :D

But yah, reshaping the combustion chamber with all those other options could get you close to a drivable 100RWHP

Anders is making 99HP edit 80HP with simple mods, and our beloved Admin, Jaap, is making over 90HP, see both dynos here, with just muffler, x-over, and pods, so it is certainly possible. :sun:

No that was Peter from Austria. He got 99 HP from his 1040cc LM3 but he hasn't told how he achieved that - and to what cost...

My error!

I was reading the sequence of discussion without paying attention to poster's name.

Anders got a more realistic 80.3HP

Thanks!

When is Pierre from San Diego going to do a write up on his 99HP Mike Rich modified machine?

He keeps posting about Stoners and stuff... :rasta:

Mike Rich is very much in the business in his new shop in Newfoundland, PA - great ride through some twisties to get there to boot! I concur with the other's comments regarding his pistons as my bike has been running excellent with absolutely no hint of detonation during the hottest summer days (note: I am about to post a rough running issue that does not have anything to do with Mike's work). FWIW - we got 82 peak rear wheel HP on Mike's conservative dyno after rebuilding the motor with his pistons, stage 1 porting, larger valves, Megacycle cam, PC III and factory Ti cans. My request was for very usable mid-range power which I got, but the bike pulls hard to redline in every gear.

In case you don't have his reach number, its (570) 676-4785.