Ignition switch bracket

Bubb

Okay so I have a little problem, My ignition switch bracket has decided to fall out and I can't figure out how to screw it back in because the two screws are round top with no place to insert any tool. Also one of the screws has decided to find another home if any of you know the size or how to easily get a new one it would be a great help. Thanks in advance.

I've heard it happen to others. The whole idea with the blind heads is that a thief should have a hard time removing them. But Guzzi forgot to tighten them up :homer:

Try to get a grip on the remaining bolt and wind it out. Then take it to a shop and get some replacement ones with inbus head or something. If you want blind heads I guess a locksmith could help you out. I think a new bolt has a head, but is made to break when you torque it, leaving the "blind head".

• 11 months later...

I had this same problem today, manifested itself as my fork lock not working. Thankfully both were still there, just loose.

Easy fix...? Back out the bolts and cut a notch in them with a hacksaw so you can fit a flat blade screwdriver in there, then locktight them down. And if you really wanted to, I bet you could tighten it so hard as to strip the bolt, so no removal would be possible.

No trip to the store necessary.

My 2 cents...