power loss

Guest Kiwi

righto folks, i have an 02 lemans and it has started playing up, as you get along about 3000/3500 rpm she will give a slight jerk then start vibrating and loses a little power, doesn't seem to happen all the time, i had it checked over a couple of weeks ago, and was sent on my way everything was cool, i did about 250 300 km, and it happened again! after the 1st "miss" it seems to do it at any rev range and gear, any suggestions?

righto folks, i have an 02 lemans and it has started playing up, as you get along about 3000/3500 rpm she will give a slight jerk then start vibrating and loses a little power, doesn't seem to happen all the time, i had it checked over a couple of weeks ago, and was sent on my way everything was cool, i did about 250 300 km, and it happened again! after the 1st "miss" it seems to do it at any rev range and gear, any suggestions?

Do a forum search for "relays". Or just try swapping the relays around and see if it helps. May not be it, but that test costs nothing.

Speaking of relays, my power relay shaked loose completely from its' socket yesterday, leaving me in the fast lane with a dead engine. I quickly diagnosed it and pushed the relay back. Then it happened again in only 150 kms (of course when overtaking a car, again). It has never happened before in 30,000 kms so I guess my bike has developed a new kind of vibration that promotes this. I'll strap-tie the relays now.