We lost a good one yesterday

In the mid-nineties I had the pleasure of producing some comedic music videos for the late Jerry Reed. Low budget stuff, but a lot of fun.

I'll never forget when -- at a pre-production lunch -- he looked up at our attractive waitress and said, "What say you and me go halfers on a baby?". Quite the nut and very personable, he took great pleasure in playfully abusing all of the crew during our challenging "swamp" shoot for his song, "Amos Moses."

I was never a big "Smokey and the Bandit" fan, but I know there are quite a few out there who will miss "Snowman."

Last night I found this production still from the "Amos Moses" shoot. Jerry is on the far right. I am the one in the white t-shirt with praying hands. On the left is director/DP Mil Cannon, still a frequent collaborator and good friend.

RIP Jerry

jreed.jpg

Last night I found this production still from the "Amos Moses" shoot. Jerry is on the far right. I am the one in the white t-shirt with praying hands. On the left is director/DP Mil Cannon, still a frequent collaborator and good friend.

I know a good song about Amos Moses

• 2 weeks later...

I'll see if I can dig up a copy of the video.

Jerry forced us into an overly-long introduction, but, after that, I remember it as being quite funny.

I had to put my foot down to get Jerry in drag, but, once I did, he had a great time!