Buell turn sig feedback ps - also additional lights

Guest Britcheflee

Guest Britcheflee

The cheap turn signals on my Ballabio bent back as the retaining part broke - I have since been messing about with various turn signals - one set on e bay remained on all the time, another set bought from the local bike store blinked really fast, various combinations of turn signals have resulted in dim glow, fast blinking, not blinking at all - I cant believe that the turn signal set up is so sensitive to resistance in this circuit - so, have decided to get a set of Buell turn signals and put those on - anyone had any experience with these? Were you able to connect them right up and they would go ok?

I also have a set of H/B hard bags installed on this bike - I was thinking of running a couple of wires from the rear light to some lights on the bags for extra visibility. Anyone done this?

Many thanks,

Lee

Several here have done the same. Depending on the model, they are made by the same company, and are a near perfect fit at much less money. The anchor point on the bike may have to be modified a bit with an extra alignment hole but they can be pretty much a direct swap.

Do a Buell search turn signal search here and you'll find several threads on compatibility.

Guest Britcheflee
Several here have done the same. Depending on the model, they are made by the same company, and are a near perfect fit at much less money. The anchor point on the bike may have to be modified a bit with an extra alignment hole but they can be pretty much a direct swap.

Do a Buell search turn signal search here and you'll find several threads on compatibility.

You are right - should have done the search first - mind you, I would like to see if I could get the smoked lens for the bike as it is the grey color - also there is a piaggio dealer in sac (close to me) - did anyone ever get the turn signals from one of the scooters?

Lee

I replaced the original Guzzi turn signals with the Buell equivalent after crashing my Le Mans. I can't remember the parts numbers but I just hauled my broken one into the local Harley shop (they're everywhere, damn them) and the parts guy was able to match. I also opted for the smoked lenses. The difference in pricing between OEM Guzzi and the Buells was breathtaking.

Buell (HD) part #s:

Outer (smoked )lens: Y0039.K

Inner (amber) lens: Y0040.K

Also, note that the full assembly is identical to the later (but not current) Triumph Tiger ("electric", or "Girlie"). Same stalk as the V11, but with the amber lens.