She has been on a diet

Dan M

Like many here, I always felt like if the goose had a little more power and a little less weight things would be ideal.

I've made a few weight saving modifications, some trimming an ounce or two and some cutting several pounds. Here's the skinny.

Parts changed that resulted in a lighter bike: Front & rear wheels, mufflers, crossover, foot controls, front rotors, rear hugger, rear muffler hangers, cardan bar.

Parts that have gone away: Carbon canister, passenger pegs, some of the rear fender.

Total difference, just under 29lbs.

Bottom line, not as much as I hoped for, she's still a porker. I love her anyway though.

29lbs sounds good to me.what rotors did ya get?

I have the Axis Iron rotors. The weight savings there is very small. The performance of the rotors is nice. The initial bite is not as grabby as the Brembo stainless units but the feel & feedback, especially when braking hard is really good. The down side is iron rotors rust instantly. If I ride in the rain I have to dry them when I put it away otherwise they are brown in the morning.

The major weight savings was the wheels & mufflers. - 22lbs between them.

I hope you put new pads in. And these rotors because the other material might like other pads better.

The OE pads were recommended with these rotors. I was somewhat worried about sintered pads scoring the iron but no trouble at all. Mine had relatively low mileage and were in good shape. They have performed great for the last two seasons.