Looked at plugs for the first time

Guest captain nemo

Guest captain nemo

As you know I'm about to add on K&Ns and map the Guzz. But today I took out the plugs to see how I WAS running. They don't look good. They are very grimy and oily and gassy with even some sludge on them. :vomit: Then I took a look at the ends of my Mistrals and they look very charred with think charcoal. Looks I was running very rich although the bike seemed to run well.

Question: Is it even remotely possible that with the new K&Ns (being as open as they are) that JUST LEFT ALONE (without mapping) the bike could actually run better AS IS? Just curious about your opinion on this.

Guest mcloutier

Definitely possible that it could run better. In my experience the FI Guzzi's are lean in some places and rich in others. The PC3 is the only way to cure that problem.

You should see black soot on the end of your pipes, for what it's worth. That's a sign that things are normal.

Nemo, where are you in Seattle? It might be interesting to get together and compare Guzzi stories some time. I'd also like to see the K&N's installed. I'm in North Seattle, just north of Greenwood.