marzocchi front end

gavo

just replaced the springs in my marzocchi usd with progressive units from Ikon springs $185 AUD delivered to my door. Proved to be a straight forward swap for the stanard units, even used the standard preload spacers and ended up with 28mm of sag with my fat arse aboard. replaced oil with 395ml of 5 weight and run 3 clicks compression dampening and 1 of rebound. ckecked the travel with the plastic tye trick and could probabley lose a few ml of oil as I originally tried 375ml but was to close to bottoming out. I measured the oil useing a large medical syringe as this allows accuracy,very happy with the ride now absorbes the bumps much better. Also have included a pic of the contents of the fork cap eg the dampening ajuster as mine broke. the fix involved removing the screw slot section drilling it and turning new screw section (with more metal on it) and silver soldering in place ,Note there is an o ring missing in this pic. works well looks better than new. :D

p.s. had to post 2nd pic seperate

Picture_001_Correction.jpg

Try reversing the compression/rebound settings. I bet you'll prefer the ride with more compliant bounce response and the damping shifted to the rebound (jounce) side of the cycle.

Change the rear too if you have it set compression dominant.