Who Needs a V11 LeMans Fairing?

Greg Field

Perhaps to convert your Sport to LeMans trim?

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcy/873477069.html

I know the bike it came off of and the seller, but he didn't ask me to post this, and I gain nothing by it.

(It's from Sweetbaby Ray's old LeMans.)

I might be interested the big question would be the price?

Mario

I might be interested the big question would be the price?

Mario

I looked at the posting and it was $700. I momentarily had a lapse of sanity and wondered how it would look on my Norge. Sanity has returned however and I'm not plagued by that vision anymore. That fairing would look good on a Scura though. Black and gold. A good match for the new V7 Classic.

Perhaps to convert your Sport to LeMans trim?

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcy/873477069.html

I know the bike it came off of and the seller, but he didn't ask me to post this, and I gain nothing by it.

(It's from Sweetbaby Ray's old LeMans.)

Hi Greg,

I'm kind of interested in this. You say you know the history of the bike. Was it a crash that has made this fellow sell off parts? It says the headlight is missing. What kind of fastening assemblage could be missing along with the headlight?

Finally, can you see an issue with fitment on a pre '02 V11, with it's non stretched/extended headstock frame. I have visions of fairing to tank fitting issues.

And of course the price. ???

Steve

Hi Greg,

I'm kind of interested in this. You say you know the history of the bike. Was it a crash that has made this fellow sell off parts? It says the headlight is missing. What kind of fastening assemblage could be missing along with the headlight?

Finally, can you see an issue with fitment on a pre '02 V11, with it's non stretched/extended headstock frame. I have visions of fairing to tank fitting issues.

And of course the price. ???

Steve

You should check the headstock on your bike first. I don't think you'll find the fairing mount point. Cafe Sports and some of the later V11 Sport variants had it and perhaps some very, very early V11 Sports. I know my 2001 didn't have the mount point and I would have had to had one welded on to accommodate the fairing hardware.