NW Arkansas Dealer Open House!

VR6Dave

I heard through the grapevine the new dealer in Rogers, AR will be holding an open house. I stopped in about a month ago and they let me ride a 8V Griso. They had a Stelvio parked outside and one or two more bikes inside. I hope they have more on hand, if the Griso is the right color I may buy one economy be damned.(By then CHANGE will have taken effect)

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

Well they had a drawing for a 4 wheeler and then most everyone left except the Guzzi guys. Most of us spoke with the Piaggio rep. He was upbeat about them selling Moto Guzzi and Aprilia. From what I gathered Moto Guzzi will be cruisers and touring oriented and if you want a sports bike from the Piaggio group them Aprilia is it. The dealer did not seem interested at all in selling Guzzis to Guzzi people. No one approached the Guzzi crowd except the Piaggio rep. It is a shame, I hope they can make a go of it. On a bright note, I test rode a Shiver and liked it. It made all the right noises, was light and quick but had a flat washboard seat.

• 1 year later...

I've been in this dealer a couple of times since, usually when my work takes me to the area. Everytime I've been there I did not see any Guzzis on the floor nor did anyone offer assistance. They did have Aprilias mixed in with the Victory bikes and four wheelers. I don't see them listed as a dealer on the Guzzi site anymore. I wonder why?

Dave