Currently available V11 Le Mans After Market Exhaust!?

XPLRN

I'm interested in learning what's currently available in aftermarket exhaust options for My V11 Le Mans. The Quat_D captures My attention however I'd like to hear what other currently available options there are that can be sourced in the USA. I've spent many hours scouring various forums and calling places that were mentioned years ago as being import sources for the Quat_D to no avail.

If someone has a Quat_D that they are not using and might be interested in selling I'd be interested in hearing about the details, please PM info. Did they ever make them with outlets on both sides!???

Does anyone know if the Gheezi-Brian.com cnetralized V11 Exhaust system was anything that ever made it's way to the USA!??

GhezziBriianCentralizedExhaustSyste.jpg

PS.........what is the preferred tank bag (best fit/easiest removal for gas fill) amoungst V11 Le Mans owners as I do want to get one ASAP!!

Hi, and welcome to the forum, xplrn,

I've got Fast By Ferracci carbon fiber slip ons, and X-over. Love them, sound is so deep and mellow below 5000 rpm, then they are positively Roarty. ALOT of people have told me they think it's one of the coolest sounding motors they've heard. Reminds me of a massaged Mustang motor. Get them at FBF in Pennsylvania, and check their website for everything they offer for our V11's.

I also really like my Nelson Rigg CL450 (large) tank bag. Easily large enough so swallow two 1.5 liter wine bottles and then some, and I haven't even used the expanding part yet. Sides, pockets and top have stiff walled sides, so it keeps it's shape. Also, I feel the teardrop shape compliments the V11 body lines as well as any other, considering how any bag ruins the flowing shape of this, the most beautiful of motorcycles. It does come with a rain cover, and it does it's job pretty good, but I don't carry a cell phone, or any electrical stuff so I can't really vouch for it's overall water tightness. Fill up: pinch clip to undo it, slide bag to right, fill tank, slide back and re clip. Real simple. Good luck in your riding, S.H. :notworthy::mg::wub:

Hi, and welcome to the forum, xplrn,

I've got Fast By Ferracci carbon fiber slip ons, and X-over. Love them, sound is so deep and mellow below 5000 rpm, then they are positively Roarty. ALOT of people have told me they think it's one of the coolest sounding motors they've heard. Reminds me of a massaged Mustang motor. Get them at FBF in Pennsylvania, and check their website for everything they offer for our V11's.

I also really like my Nelson Rigg CL450 (large) tank bag. Easily large enough so swallow two 1.5 liter wine bottles and then some, and I haven't even used the expanding part yet. Sides, pockets and top have stiff walled sides, so it keeps it's shape. Also, I feel the teardrop shape compliments the V11 body lines as well as any other, considering how any bag ruins the flowing shape of this, the most beautiful of motorcycles. It does come with a rain cover, and it does it's job pretty good, but I don't carry a cell phone, or any electrical stuff so I can't really vouch for it's overall water tightness. Fill up: pinch clip to undo it, slide bag to right, fill tank, slide back and re clip. Real simple. Good luck in your riding, S.H. :notworthy::mg::wub:

Thanks for your welcome and information filled response!! I will check out the FBF website and see what all they have!!

Regarding the NR CL450 tank bag, what does hold it on......is there a mechanical interface, magnets or ??? I'm not quite understanding the " pinch clip to undo it, slide bag to right, fill tank, slide back and re clip" relative to how it actually mounts onto the tank!???

***edit*** I went out and researched the CL450......now I understand that it's a strap mount system. When your doing the "pinch clip to undo" are you referencing the rear mounting strap?? When you "slide the bag to the right" what keeps it from actually rubbing/scuffing on the tank?? I do like the teardrop shape!!

After wrecking a set of Guzzi Titanium cans I'm on the Mistral crossover and alu. Mistral highmount racecans.

I love them. Gloriously noisy (hard angry bark) and with a perfect fit, very nice solid bracketry and all that.

Not at all the flimsy, adjust-them-till-you-pass out fasteners that comes with the Guzzi Titanium system (and others).

They are quite slim (circular cans looks best on the V11 methinks) and can be used together with a throwover bag. Pricewise you just cant beat them, I guess.

I guess they will be making them as long as there are Guzzisti around that are dropping their bikes in the road. (like me)

Get them from TLM.

Forum sponsor Rossopuro at the top of this page carries Quat D products. I know other US forum members have bought parts from them. The Ghezzi-Brian exhaust is a Quat-D.

Here's one of many exhaust option threads: Muffler choices

Pretty flusterating trying to find out anything about Quat_D exhaust availability on the Rossopuro website being as it's all in Italian. Is there not anyone in the USA that imports them in???

Thanks for the link on the exhaust info........I'll go check that out.

I'd really like to have the centralized exhaust under the bike vs. the cans hanging out on the sides where they can get easily damaged. I also like the way the exhaust exits the Ghezzi-Brian.com system with the schalloped cut instead of the protruding turn-out. I'm presuming that Ghezzi-Brian performed that mod on the base Quat_D........anyone have contact with the Ghezzi-Brian or Quat_D folks??

The factory tank bag has always fit perfect for me, looks the part.

Any links, pictures or specifications of the factory tank so I can get a better understanding of My options??

***edit*** I went out and researched the CL450......now I understand that it's a strap mount system. When your doing the "pinch clip to undo" are you referencing the rear mounting strap?? When you "slide the bag to the right" what keeps it from actually rubbing/scuffing on the tank?? I do like the teardrop shape!!

The V11 tanks are made of ABS plastic, so a magnetic bag won't work. The strap on bag has a front strap that hooks to one corner of bag front, wraps under the frame, comes back up and hooks to the other side with quick connecting clips. The back strap is just one strap and clip. One end of the strap has a loop. You wrap the strap under the frame at the tanks rear, put the clip side through the loop and procede up with the clip, snapping it into the female part of clip, attached the the rear of the bag. There is a neoprene base, like scuba diving suit type material, attached to the bottom to keep scratching down. I have not noticed it dulling my paint in any way, but have only had it this on for this season thus far. To fill, yes, the rear clip is undone and move the bag off the gas cap. When I said "slide", I meant move it to the right, you can lift it up if you want. You can flip it up to the fairing on my bike and it will stay, but I just move it over. Ride, fill, repeat!!!!

Pretty flusterating trying to find out anything about Quat_D exhaust availability on the Rossopuro website being as it's all in Italian.

But it isn't! Just click the British flag and you're set.

The V11 tanks are made of ABS plastic, so a magnetic bag won't work.

Really? I thought it was supposed to be some type of nylon, not ABS... Anyway, some type of plastic w/ no ferromagnetic properties [i wonder if by adding ferrite to the gelcoat they could make us a plastic tank that would hold onto a tankbag? Hmmm.... ;)]

The V11 tanks are made of ABS plastic, so a magnetic bag won't work. I have not noticed it dulling my paint in any way, but have only had it this on for this season thus far. To fill, yes, the rear clip is undone and move the bag off the gas cap. When I said "slide", I meant move it to the right, you can lift it up if you want. You can flip it up to the fairing on my bike and it will stay, but I just move it over. Ride, fill, repeat!!!!

Thanks for the info.......I'll be considering the N-R tank bag!!