Hello, new member. My first question(s)

WRC

Hello to all. Just picked up my '02 V11 LeMans with 7k miles, Stucci exhaust and PCII. Great bike, really enjoying getting aquainted with it. This is my forth Guzzi, I've got a'73 Eldo and a '80 CX100 at this time.

First question, what is/are the differences between the Sport and LeMans seats? I've looked at the Corbin site and it says their seat won't fit the LeMans? Is it the overal shape or just the way it hooks into the frame. Can the Corbin be modified to fit on the LeMans?

Thanks

Bob

My 2002 parts catalog shows 1 part # for all bikes. LeMans,Rosso Corsa, Sport,etc... Pt # 01 46 05 60.

You need to look at Rich Maund or there is another(can't think of his name) man mentioned on this site that does good work. IMO Corbin is the WalMart of saddles.

The '02-up bikes are different from the '99-'01 bikes as far as the way the seat fits.

I believe it has to do with the latching mechanism, but I'm not sure, as I have an '04 and don't really care for Corbin products myself.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest gammaguzzi

i have a2000 sport and a2004 nero and the seats are not interchangeable, the locking post and mechanism are different. regards doug.

Welcome Bob

Several people on this forum including myself have used Rich Maund with excellent results. I was so pleased with my V11 seat that I sold the Sargent that I had on my RT and had him redo the stock seat.

Check this thread out:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10430