Just got my V11 Sport Back and Now This

jsciullo

My ignition switch is falling out. Put the key in the ignition and noticed that the whole ignition mechanism is wiggles. I checked and noticed that one of the two bolts has gone missing. I've read about this before but cant find anything on it doing a search. IN any event, the bolt that is still there doesnt have a slot to tighten it!! What kind of bolt do I need to replace and how do I replace it.

Thanks,

JIm

I think that post is in the archive.

Mine fell out and were replaced with I can't remember what size allen heads with lock washers.

I seem to remember they are either 7 or 8mm threads.

Mild Loctite might not be a bad idea

Two years later, and holding fine with just the lockwashers.

If someone wants to steal your bike, the smooth headed security bolts will do little to slow them down.

Thanks, I actually found the thread on another site and now understand what that bolt is. A security bolt!!! I was wondering how to get that bugger off the bike without having to cut it or something. Thanks,

Jim

Guest captain nemo

Jim,

That happened to me as I was riding the bike home from purchase! :(

I took it in and had oil and transmission changed at the same time. It was such a hassle to reach those bolts. I ordered the correct bolt and had the mechanic put them in with loctite. We didn't break off the ends of the bolts this time. We'll see how that does. Bolts and lock washers would work just as well - I just couldn't get my hands in there. Someone suggested flipping over the tripple clamp, but my mechanic did it from underneath also.

For future reference, the headlight on Naked bikes pop off in maybe 30 seconds and back on in maybe 60 seconds, if an amateur is smooth with the moves.

It is a little hard to aim the beam durring daylight, but other than that, pop the light off.