V11 pistons in a Sporti

raz

I've heard varying opinions on whether or not the Sporti and V11 heads and pistons are identical. They do have the same valve sizes and CR.

Does anyone know for sure if 11:1 FBF pistons for "V11 Sport/ Le Mans" would fit an 1100 Sport ie?

If in doubt I have a spare pair of V11 heads for sale :)

Oooh, this could be fun! I could be persuaded (by sufficient and largely exorbitant amounts of cash) to swap out the ported heads on my Sport 1100i for stock ones. Never gonna happen of course, but let's see where this one goes. The only reason I'd consider it is that I want to buy a boat. Call it $1750 (guess what the boat costs...) and you'd have a set of Mike Rich Stage II ported heads, dual-plugged and valve pockets recessed to accommodate a hotter than street-typical cam. They only have 300 miles on them. Now guess what kind of boat does "wheelies" (actually, "proppies") in the water and is about the same size as a motorcycle.

Raz

As far as I know they are same because I have them side by side. I believe the V11 heads have better nikasil coatings because my V11 copa italia is ridden hard and to date no problems at all. The only visible difference I can see is that the V11 heads are e series while my sports 1100 are A type.

I am currently running V11 liners and pistons on my sports 1100i. No difference in power it seems.