E3 plugs

ALdad

Man has been trying to come up with a better mouse trap since it was first invented. I don't see why a spark plug would be any different. This may not be the one, but sooner or later some body will come up with something better. [snip]

Actually, Champion did already. Something like 40 years ago. Called the "surface gap electrode" I think; the original H1 Kawasakis came with them stock, iirc. Only flaw? was that they require a really strong ignition circuit. But originals were supposedly immune to wet fouling, the bane of kick-start-only 2-strokes down thru the ages. ;)

Anyway, they were monstrously expensive, and everyone replaced them w/ cheaper NGKs [when they didn't have to: the SGE plugs were supposedly close to non-wear parts from what I heard] and proceeded to have all sorts of rough running & bad starting problems.

That's the story the way I heard it: I imagine the truth is somewhat different... :lol:

Guest ratchethack
Man has been trying to come up with a better mouse trap since it was first invented. I don't see why a spark plug would be any different.

I'm with you 100% on this one, Al.

I've used Victor mouse traps, not sure exactly, but somewhere north of several times. Last time, it seemed to work like this: Set trap, come back later and retrieve it with croaked mouse. :P

Now today, in addition to "THE ORIGINAL", Victor ALSO offers a full range of electronic mousetraps, ultrasonic rodent repellent devices, "live traps" (apparently offered for old women of any vintage and/or gender :huh: ), and a spectrum of rodenticides.

Now this is just me, but I figure I get good enough results, not to mention pretty good bang-f'er-the-buck value from the original 1890 mousetrap, which evidently has for the most part remained unchanged for some 119 years. I've never faced any kind of a chronic infestation of mice, but I've never been the slightest bit inclined to try something other than what I already know is consistently effective and relatively inexpensive. :huh2:

Similarly, when it comes to an old 4 stroke aircooled pushrod motor, the basic design of which has also been around since somewhere circa 1890 -- Sure enough, I don't see why a spark plug would be all that much different, either (??)

Turns out it ain't. . . ;)

I'm with you 100% on this one, Al.

I've used Victor mouse traps, not sure exactly, but somewhere north of several times. Last time, it seemed to work like this: Set trap, come back later and retrieve it with croaked mouse. :P

Now today, in addition to "THE ORIGINAL", Victor ALSO offers a full range of electronic mousetraps, ultrasonic rodent repellent devices, "live traps" (apparently offered for old women of any vintage and/or gender :huh: ), and a spectrum of rodenticides.

Now this is just me, but I figure I get good enough results, not to mention pretty good bang-f'er-the-buck value from the original 1890 mousetrap, which evidently has for the most part remained unchanged for some 119 years. Now I've never faced any kind of a chronic infestation of mice, but I've never been the slightest bit inclined to try something other than what I already know is consistently effective and relatively inexpensive. :huh2:

Similarly, when it comes to an old 4 stroke aircooled pushrod motor, the basic design of which has also been around since somewhere circa 1890 -- Sure enough, I don't see why a spark plug would be all that much different, either (??)

Turns out it ain't. . . ;)

Ah, Ratch. Don't you get more entertainment value out of the new glue traps. Knowing a cute little rodent is franticly trying to chew his legs off to escape the sticky poisoned tomb. Why it just makes me feel warm and fuzzy all over. :grin: