Woodcraft clip ons problem

Dimitris

Hi,

I had ordered a set of Woodcraft clipons and paid 250 dollars, about 160-170 Euros including shipping.

Today they called me from custom and they asked me to pay 150 Euros (almost the price again)!! The shipping company is the UPS.

I have received also other parts from USA, with national and I had never paid so much!!

What can I do,

can I sent it back to USA and ask them to send it with International company?

Can I buy woodcraft from Europe?

Thank you

Hi,

I had ordered a set of Woodcraft clipons and paid 250 dollars, about 160-170 Euros including shipping.

Today they called me from custom and they asked me to pay 150 Euros (almost the price again)!! The shipping company is the UPS.

I have received also other parts from USA, with national and I had never paid so much!!

What can I do,

can I sent it back to USA and ask them to send it with International company?

Can I buy woodcraft from Europe?

Thank you

In the UK all parcels from outside the EU are liable for import tax and VAT but most slip through ( I think you are supposed to declare any that are missed ;) )

so if its the same where you are I think you've probably been unlucky and your parcel was noticed.

If you send it back you'd have to pay the postage , maybe lose out on the refund if the exchange rate changes and unless you can find a supplier in Europe any other parcel from outside the EU is just as likely to be noticed as this one so you could end up paying even more in the long run !!

If you often get stuff from abroad and you've never been caught out before then you owe more than the 150 Euro anyway so its best to just accept it as your turn, and look on the bright side that at least it wasn't a higher value parcel that was picked up !!!

this is the best option to get them, as exchange rate from UK is very nice:

http://www.biketorqueracing.co.uk/chassis_...t_clip_ons.aspx

But now I don't know if you send them back, what happens, I suppose best thing is to take the loss and pay customs.

I suppose you have to pay vat and import tax. It's always a surprise when you order in the usa. So if it ain't extreme cheap, I don't do it anymore.

But your Ohlins is in Thessaloniki!

To ALL readers or members,

please read this ? carefully before responding. Are gifts sent from one person in one country(e.g. US to EU) to another person in another country subject to these duties,VATs and tariffs ?

To ALL readers or members,

please read this ? carefully before responding. Are gifts sent from one person in one country(e.g. US to EU) to another person in another country subject to these duties,VATs and tariffs ?

My understanding is that "gifts" are not subject to VAT or import duties, hence the value of non-banking solutions like Paypal to xfer funds from one party to another trustworthy soul who can then send the 1st person a particular gift (declared as such on the customs form.) Clearly, making a regular habit of this tends to draw the attention of the authorities [esp. in Big Brother infested societies like the U.K., where you're hardly out of camera sight in any urban ctr., from recent stories :huh: - odd to think Orwell's predictions were so accurate, 50 years ago], but for the occasional purchase, a close-knit but geographically disperse community like v11lm can really leverage its membership benefit... ;)

Of course, the situation is always going to vary on a country-by-country basis; I'm sure in some situations, it's going to be more a matter of greasing the right palms than any official tax, regardless of item status, purchase vs. gift... <_>

Thank you for your replies and suggestions.

I finally accepted the parcel. I just forced myself to be persuaded that I lost about 150 Euros from my pocket...

But I will be more experienced next time...Grrrrrr...

Clipons are on its way from Athens airport.

OHLINS arrived just 1 day after dispatch from the Netherlands!! The forks are still in the courrier shop, waiting for me to get pack to Thessaloniki.

The MilleRSV front fender is also in the post waiting for me...

The "V11 LeMans-naked furious bike" project is...evolving...

Pics will be uploaded....as soon as the project finishes...I won't catch time to post for BOTY hahahahaha.....next year maybe.... :P