first time tyre removal

scurav11SAT

One thing to remember is to loosen the allen head bolts at the fork bottoms. You also need to remove the calipers from the brake rotors. Make note of which side the spacer goes on. My bike has been sitting in the garage out of sight & mind for a month now because of the weather, so I may be forgetting a thing or two.

Easy as pie my friend. As Richard said pull the calipers first. It is good to use a bungie or similar to hold them up and away so they are not banging around and hanging by the hoses. Depending on how you are supporting the bike it may be easier to just remove the fender to give yourself more clearance but it is not necessary if the bike is high enough. Lay the parts out in order as you pull them off and you won't get mixed up going back together.

Happy wrenching. If you run into a snag just post again.

Not sure if your bike is the same as mine but watch the spacer as it can go either side but is only correct if fitted on the LHS(the previous owner/mechanic may have got it wrong !!!).

To everyone thanks for the advise! All has been succeeded and reassembled, the one question remains.....I have looked through the manual for torque specs for the caliper screws and wheel nut aswell as other threads and links from this site but have not found any info on it. Now i did find the specs for the wheel nut but not caliper. Any thoughts or answers on this??? And again thank you to all that previously replied. :D

Guest ratchethack
I have looked through the manual for torque specs for the caliper screws. . . Any thoughts or answers on this???

The Guzzi Service Manual has no spec listed.

However, a more complete torque wrench chart for the Guzzi V1000G5 spec's the following for the 10 mm caliper mounting bolts:

3.5 - 3.8 kgm, or 25.3 - 27 ft/lb. :luigi: