Well Jihem, this one is just for you

:unsure:getswiftcovered.gif

I don't know if you're getting the tv commercial in Belgium, I guess not.

Iggy promotes swiftcover.com's 'cheap' car insurance and the "time-saving, hassle-free service provided by the wholly online insurance company," with the message: "Get a life".

:o

There can't be any excuse: can there be an explanation?

wildman1.JPG

"Right Ginger, time to go home and fill-in the insurance claim form"

"Sure thing Iggy. Thank goodness for swiftcover.com"

Fancy Iggy lowering himself to advertise insurance he'll be playing golf next!

:lol:

I guess he actually has.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&q=%22iggy+Pop%22+golf&btnG=Search

EDIT http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2003/mar/02/golf.features

Maybe you knew that.

Do you know if they make him wear a shirt on the golf course?

That could be frustrating for him if he has to wear a shirt.

He might be better at croquet:

iggy_2.jpg

There can't be any excuse: can there be an explanation?

He probably has come down to terms with the fact that, in that sh*t hole called show business, you're only as good as the last hit you had and no-one (unfortunately) considers art as an excuse no more...So, you may as well do a little on the side and get a Prius ;)

But for me, someone who did classic albums like "The Idiot" or "Lust For Life" can do whatever he wants with his life, he has fulfilled his duty as an artist.

http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video/inter...ref=videosearch

I guess if someone is going to sling you some cash at that point of your life, you might be smart to take it. It does seem a little odd for Iggy to do it, but as jihem said, he has sure done his bit.

I think just as interesting is the question "Why Iggy?" What I mean is, why would an insurance company want Iggy fronting their campaign. Insurance companies tend to foster an image of tradition, old fashioned values, solidity, a rock solid part of the establishment. This does not match that at all.

I guess if someone is going to sling you some cash at that point of your life, you might be smart to take it. It does seem a little odd for Iggy to do it, but as jihem said, he has sure done his bit.

I think just as interesting is the question "Why Iggy?" What I mean is, why would an insurance company want Iggy fronting their campaign. Insurance companies tend to foster an image of tradition, old fashioned values, solidity, a rock solid part of the establishment. This does not match that at all.

Yes, it's really odd. Watching the add doesn't give any answers. Anyway, how many of the people in the market for cheap online car insurance know who Iggy Pop is anyway – and how many would buy insurance of him!? He's just a skinny man with no shirt. Ouch, jihem will kill me. – Where can I buy some life insurance?

PS I wish he had dome something worthwhile – like being in the Halifax ads instead of that extremely irritating Howard berk, or replacing Linda Barker. Iggy would look great leaping about on cheap DFS sofas, or fronting SAGA holidays. Yes please.

Howard, on a woodpecker or something.

howard460.jpg

Get on there, Iggy! – and push Howard off

I have no clue who this Howard guy is, but that picture looks so so wrong to me. Or maybe it is just that I have a sick mind........

It IS wrong.

And the more you know about Howard, the more wrong it is.

Be grateful that you know no more.

If it was Iggy, it would be so right, in a very wrong kind of way.

Looks like more a Schwan to me. That's not going anywhere.

This pic, with somebody with a big Schwan between the legs, eeuhhmm let me think about it.

This pic will compromit it.

It's a Woodpecker, I tell you.

You're thinking of having a Schwinn between your legs (150valvole – impressive, I grant you.)

valo150.jpg