Lavizzari Megaphone Exhaust - Police Trouble?

arek

I am thinking of getting these. You think I will have trouble with the POLICE in SoCal? ... These are loud.

Just stay away from known "heavy enforcement" areas & you should be able to pull it off. Keep your stockers for the inevitable fixit tickets so you can revert back, get signed off & then go back to annoying your neighbors & giving motorcyclists everywhere a bad rap...

Guest ratchethack
I am thinking of getting these. You think I will have trouble with the POLICE in SoCal? ... These are loud.

Impossible to tell from idle and little throttle blips. But I'll bet WOT (aka WFO) @ 7K RPM would be a sure-fire Cop magnet, and at any reasonable cruising RPMs it'd more'n likely be ear plugs mandatory, or spend your entire retirement endlessly repeating, "Huh? Wot was that?" :whistle:

The megs look very similar in design and construction to the Lavizarri 1 into 2 I had on my Griso 11

401335771_93a1a338f4_m.jpg

These were very, very loud but mine had the advantage of coming with removable baffles just visible here

476219367_9efd48e6d1_m.jpg

These not only improved the fueling on the G but also renered the pipes a lot less offensive to the great unwashed.

If you can get ones with baffles I suggest this option, they are removable in about 30 seconds. You'd probably need two separate maps stored in a PCIII or similar to enable a rapid change without affecting performance too much. Can you store more than one map in a PCIII?

Pete

I believe these are the Lavizzari megs - they look the same - Lavizzari They are tempting ... they look so good - I imagine them in black :rolleyes: I emailed Lavizzari and they are 620 Euros. I assume that since they are available with the removable baffles for Griso, they are also available for V11 - these are same pipes. I will email them and ask. Don't know about PCIII, as I don't have one. And, I am definitely keeping my stockers for the "inevitable fixit tickets" B)

Funny, In addition to my Guzzi, I have an old Harley with VERY LOUD pipes. I've logged well over 230,000 miles on this bike. I've been all over New England, and have toured Quebec, and Nova Scotia many times. Not to mention 3-4 rides from Boston to Key West. I have NEVER been pulled over for my loud pipes, ans these things are loud! It hasn't even been an issue crossing the border into Canada where it seems to me many riders keep their pipes stock.

I think the reason for this is that I'm not a total jerk about it. If I'm riding through a residential or downtown area I keep the rpms very low and just putt along on torque. I don't sit at a red light and wack the throttle. I hate it when people do that. 'Hey buddy ya got an idle problem!!!" I think that if you are going to ride any bike with loud pipes, if you are respectful of where you are, you can usually slide by without incident.