Who's a naughty boy then? Part II

savagehenry

Went out for a ride today. For the first time since I've bought my bike, I pinned the throttle in 6th gear. I don't know what the true speed was, and I know our speedo is said to be "optimistic". Either way, she was still winding up as the needle bounced off the pin that marks "140 mph"(225 kph) :grin:

What rpm were you turning? That will be the tell...

Between the the sheer speed, scanning the distant foreground in an attempt to identify possible problems, and trying NOT to line the inside posterior portion of my leathers with my previous night's intake of tacos al pastor and homebrewed dark Porter, I didn't take a tachometer reading :huh2: Man, things seem to fly by WAY FASTER at those speeds. 100ish seems positively sedate compared to my outing yesterday. Now I HAVE to try this again, just to get that tach reading, then I'll stop this sort of nonsense...I can quit anytime...Really, I'm not a addict. Just ONCE more, then I'll quit...right after this one, then NO MORE... :grin:

I too have been caught up in the moment. A friend of mine has a buell xb12r. He took off and I ran him down. Luckily he had the year with five speed gear box. Looking down as I passed him I saw 140mph. Serves him right for calling her "My Grandfather's Bike."

I don't remember the tach reading either. I don't think she was too terribly close to the red. 7ish sounds about right. Still a tad left.

The speedo might not be accurate, but I was please to see her atleast lying about being able to cover the the whole clock.

I must admit, since I've seen the speedo up that high, I'm not as tempted to see it up that high again. I guess this time the cat survived the curiousity.

The one thing that goes through my mind is getting caught, just to see some hillbilly drag my bike up his flat bed on her side, as she's taken to police impound to be raped and pillaged.

Stay safe guys.

While we're confessing Guzzi abuse...

On a long (loooong), straight, sunny and wide open stretch of Nevada highway, I found the rev limiter and scared myself pretty good (it's definitely a 'hard' limiter). It never did that before, but that was prior to the pod filters, remap, and crossover. Anyway, though I won't be doing that again, I did note (for science and all) that the max speed on my GPS said 132. :)

My old 748 would do that, but then it's supposed to so I'm still impressed by the Tenni.

While we're confessing Guzzi abuse...

On a long (loooong), straight, sunny and wide open stretch of Nevada highway, I found the rev limiter and scared myself pretty good (it's definitely a 'hard' limiter). It never did that before, but that was prior to the pod filters, remap, and crossover. Anyway, though I won't be doing that again, I did note (for science and all) that the max speed on my GPS said 132. :)

My old 748 would do that, but then it's supposed to so I'm still impressed by the Tenni.

Usally my 02/03 LeMans goes about 220 km/h but one time I had the wind in my back, I curled down and lay flat on the tank and the speedo went up to around 240 km/h - man, the Guzzi was really flying then! I don´t know what the revs where, I was all to exited (and maybe a little scared).

My 04 Cafe Sport will only go to 215 km/h.........

SuperMario