V11 owners near Baltimore - DC?

Emerson00

I assume you mean the shop on the south side of Baltimore, not Beltsville. I don't want to beat on them for issues I have with them. They just have not serviced my bikes in a manner that keeps me happy. I am not suggesting that anyone else should stop going there. If you are a happy customer of theirs, great. If you want to PM me to talk about it in private, that's fine. I don't want to air dirty laundry in public.

not to hijack the thread, but what exactly have all the bad experiences been with the local shop located in Beltsville? I've always been pleased with the work they've done on my V11 LM.

I feel a bit badly about my comments regarding a particular shop, especially because I genuinely like the owner, and the new(ish) manager seems OK, though not badly enough to lose sleep.

Is there a shop in Beltsville, Maryland that works on Guzzis? I'll be embarrassed if so - I work in Beltsville! Are you referring to Heyser in Laurel, maybe? I didn't think they did Italian machines. Next nearest place is Battley's in Gaithersburg, who were Phenomenal (!) with my Ducati. I didn't think to ask them about Guzzis.

No shop in Beltsville. They meant Speeds. Speeds is not a BAD shop, they are all right. I personally may not take my bike there anymore for service, but that is just me. Battleys does not do Guzzis. If you have good experiences at Speeds (many do) then by all means keep shopping there. They are a good bunch of guys. I don't care for the boutique thing they are leaning towards, but they are not the only ones going that route.

Please keep comments on dealers positive and/or objective in public.

No shop in Beltsville. They meant Speeds. Speeds is not a BAD shop, they are all right. I personally may not take my bike there anymore for service, but that is just me. Battleys does not do Guzzis. If you have good experiences at Speeds (many do) then by all means keep shopping there. They are a good bunch of guys. I don't care for the boutique thing they are leaning towards, but they are not the only ones going that route.

Please keep comments on dealers positive and/or objective in public.

I edited the unecessary comments in my prior post. I agree negative comments can be inflammatory, though it may be useful to potential customers to have an alternate viewpoint... as it is with the bikes we're all concerned with, glowing reports sidestepping any flaws can get the unwary into unwanted trouble.

All that said, I WOULD buy a bike from Speed's without hesitation. I got a good deal and fair treatment during the purchase of my last bike.

And the Great Googley does return a shop in Beltsville, though I know nothing of them, and they seem to have no web-based presence:

Precision Cycle Works‎, 11323 Old Baltimore Pike, Beltsville, MD‎ - (301) 937-5783‎

Precision is an aftermarket shop geared towards Harleys, but they say they do all bikes. Don't know how much they know about Guzzis, but I'm sure they could figure them out.