Fairings for V11 Sports

Bugs

Hi Bugs,

are we talking old school Le Mans 1 bikini fairing or what?

I've seen several pics here with V11's sporting bikini fairings so that shouldn't be a problem. If we're talking the standard V11 half fairing then fear not - that's doable if you can find one at the right price.

I've got a V11 Le Mans half-fairing on my Scura and it's worth every dime; especially if you're a lanky fellar like me.

Check the gallery; there are plenty of pics there.

Cheers

Søren

Thanks Soren - I shoulda been more specific. I was talking about the newer V11. And I started viewing the pictures last night. I'm new to the V11 world - I'm selling my older Ducati (78 GTS) to purchase a Le Mans or a V11 Sport. Thanks again - Bugs.

Allrighty, then there's no probs, me think :P

Good luck with purchasing a V11, you won't regret it. Otherwise check out the new 1200 Sport - that's a great bike IMHO.

All the best

Søren

Welcome bugs! If you want a half-faired V11 you will save yourself a significant amount of hassle by just buying a LeMans. Adding the LeMans fairing to a V11 Sport can be done, but it can be an expensive pain in the arse, especially if you're starting with a red frame Sport.

Thanks Soren - I shoulda been more specific. I was talking about the newer V11. And I started viewing the pictures last night. I'm new to the V11 world - I'm selling my older Ducati (78 GTS) to purchase a Le Mans or a V11 Sport. Thanks again - Bugs.

I just sold a 78 Darmah 900 that I had owned for over 20 years and bought an 04 Lemans. I think the V11 is really the perfect replacement for someone who was very used to an old Duc. There is still something that I miss about the Duc though. It seemed almost as fast as the Lemans and it always felt like it was going slower than it was.

Hi all - I'm wondering if anyone can tell me of any fairings available for the V11 Sport that would be like the Le Mans or close. Thanks - Bugs.

I think Airtech makes a knockoff of the Spot 1100/1100 Sporti fairing [also found on the Daytona RS that is the premier example of faired motorcycle good looks, bar none.] If not, they make lots of other fairings that would be adaptable to a v11 Sport, but as someone else posted, if you want a v11 that looks like a LeMans, just buy a v11 LeMans & save yourself the headaches...

Ride on!

:bike:

Howdy all - Thanks for all the replies. I must be in the right place. I always hate to sell a bike to buy another - but I'm not in the position to do otherwise. So, I figure I'll try a bunch before I leave this tarmac...So far I've played with Yamahas (TX 500 & 850 Special), 82 R/100, 85 HD FXRS,78 MG 850 T3, 99 Triumph Legend, & my current Duc. I've been researching the late model Le Mans over this winter & I love the looks & the modern upgrades of the Guzzi. Spring ain't too far off, eh?

Another option is the Stucchi nose fairing. I have just fitted a carbon one to my Rosso Corsa- and it gives surprisingly good wind protection when you take into account its relatively small size.

I think the standard Le Mans fairing is a bit ugly, although it does work well.

V11007.jpg

V11008.jpg

Another option is the Stucchi nose fairing. I have just fitted a carbon one to my Rosso Corsa- and it gives surprisingly good wind protection when you take into account its relatively small size.

I think the standard Le Mans fairing is a bit ugly, although it does work well.

Where did you buy that? and how much? Had a look on their website and the price was over 300 euro's which is a bit dear for a small fairing. I'm looking for something like that for my V11

another pic with a Stucchi small fering, bought from Stucchi Luigi. If you like, go for it!

DSC00404.jpg

Hey Bugs, Do NOT...REPEAT...DO NOT go to the thread about Dimitris's bike shown here (seen in "24/7" section titled "V11 turned Naked and Golden" or some tarty thing like that!). It is SO BEAUTIFUL it will only give you further ideas on how to BLOW CASH on these already great lookin' bikes! :notworthy::mg::wub: ...Consider yerself warned, S.H.