1975 lemans 1000

wal j

Where do I start. All m g are desirable. Is the early lemans 1000 more or less so than others. What are its strengths and weaknesses please. Are parts obtainable. I sense from readings that other m guzzi forks would be interchangeable. Any and all ramblings, info in general and comments greatfully received.

Where do I start. All m g are desirable. Is the early lemans 1000 more or less so than others. What are its strengths and weaknesses please. Are parts obtainable. I sense from readings that other m guzzi forks would be interchangeable. Any and all ramblings, info in general and comments greatfully received.

Hello and congrats on the lemans acqusition! Take a look at my thread "fuel injection conversion" and check out my MK4 1987 Lemans SE. Its the same bike you have. If you have good mechanical aptitude and are resourceful these are easy bikes to play with. Spares are hit and miss. Engine parts are a piece of cake, however body and chassis parts can be a bit harder to find. I have spent 10 years + modifying my Lemans and have not regreted one minute of it. Sometimes I need to step away for awhile as I begin to feel I'm ready to throw in the towel but trust me....once the hook is set, you will understand. Nothing sturs the soul like a Guzzi! I have owned all the Japanese brands, Aprilia, Ducati, and Triumph, and the Guzzi's are the ones that seem to stick around. In my opinion Guzzis are always work in process. Honestly I think thats the attraction. Take care.

Mike

Hello and congrats on the lemans acqusition! Take a look at my thread "fuel injection conversion" and check out my MK4 1987 Lemans SE. Its the same bike you have. If you have good mechanical aptitude and are resourceful these are easy bikes to play with. Spares are hit and miss. Engine parts are a piece of cake, however body and chassis parts can be a bit harder to find. I have spent 10 years + modifying my Lemans and have not regreted one minute of it. Sometimes I need to step away for awhile as I begin to feel I'm ready to throw in the towel but trust me....once the hook is set, you will understand. Nothing sturs the soul like a Guzzi! I have owned all the Japanese brands, Aprilia, Ducati, and Triumph, and the Guzzi's are the ones that seem to stick around. In my opinion Guzzis are always work in process. Honestly I think thats the attraction. Take care.

Mike

Oops, I misread your thread and assumed you aquired a MK4. Sorry if I was a bit hasty.

Do you need forks or did you just want to swap them out? The 35 mm fork tube should be easy to find...well, in the US. Not sure about Australia.

Guzzi's are easy to work on, generally forgiving if you keep oil in them and seem to run forever. Have fun with it!

Agreed it should be an 850 . A couple of mates have have mk1's and they have no trouble getting parts be it from swap meets , Don Newwell m/cycles in brisbane or road and race in NSW These bikes have covered some big milage trips over the last 3 yrs including tassie and far nth queensland One is maintained but not pretty the other is immaculate The mk1 is a classic and left in a relative stock condition will only appreciate while giving years of fun :lol: Ps this is the best pic I could find its from the ruptured budgie 2007

P5190042.jpg

Gday wal j,

Another source of parts and advice is guru Mario Poggioli - one of the best in godzone country imho.

Thunderbike

1/15 Dyer Rd

Bassendean, WA 6054

Tel/fax (08) 9379 1991

thunbike@iinet.net.au

Best of luck with the old girl!

mud