Another Aussie sayin Gday

muddy1100

Gday all.

Muddy.

Have been around bikes all my life - all kinds - jappas, east and west euros - dirt and road.

Have been fortunate enough to have owned or ridden some very rare birds, some as common as muck!

Ridden in many different countries (I think about 19 - some a little hazy...); seen some amazing sights from the saddle, met some truly wonderful people;

been wet, hot, frozen, dry, loved & lonely but am still rolling after around 34 years...

Am gobsmacked at the depth of knowledge, help and support on this site - a bloody credit to all involved.

I see we have the usual full internet spectrum - from "which spanner?" to the gurus who wee red, white and green...

Looking forward to yarning with you mob - hopefully I can add a tiny percentage back to what I have already gleaned from this wealth of

experience and knowledge.

To the future....cheers!

If anyone is doing the Lap de Oz, please drop me a line - special place up here but special rules apply as well - you can get deceased real quick if you're not prepared and careful....

G'day muddy and welcome ' myself and a couple of friends are planning alitle ride next year,east to west and return all dirt so we might catch up then. .One's a born and bred groper and I Lived there from 82 to 97 so it will be good to see old haunts :D

G'day muddy and welcome ' myself and a couple of friends are planning alitle ride next year,east to west and return all dirt so we might catch up then. .One's a born and bred groper and I Lived there from 82 to 97 so it will be good to see old haunts :D

Gday Gavo - am riding from Brisvegas back to Kununurra in a few weeks. Lazy 3500km tour. Might catch up for a cleansing ale somewhere?

Will let you know when have finalised dates...

Cheers,

mud

Welcome muddy, good to see the Aussie contingent getting larger.

Gday Mark909,

Thanks mate - will be good to see more "pins" on the world map on the homepage as time goes on...

Any suggestions as to where in Brisvegas a fella might be able to see a reasonable range of tyres?

Will be passing thru Slacks Creek side of town and have found Brissy Mcycle Tyres on the web...

Have a Tomtom so tracking em down is all good but somewhere on the SWest side is easy.

Any tips for a 'groper far from home would be much appreciated!

Cheers

mud

Ther's a tyres for bikes at 14 gore st albion in brissy but if your going west there's a tyres for bikes in toowoomba I had a business card but lost it. But if your coming north I live in Gympie so give us a hoi for that beer :D

Ther's a tyres for bikes at 14 gore st albion in brissy but if your going west there's a tyres for bikes in toowoomba I had a business card but lost it. But if your coming north I live in Gympie so give us a hoi for that beer :D

Gday Gavo,

Good onya bloke - will track em down and give em a bell.

Dunno if I'll get to Gympie...hang on... i did know a girl there once...see how we go!

Just checked with Tomtom - all good - only adds a cuppla hundred kliks to the road - any excuse for an extra days riding!!!

Now...what was her name again???

mud

If you get a bit West of the big smoke you could try Two Wheel Tyres, they are just beside the intersection of the Warrego Hwy and the Brisbane Valley Hwy. If you want to get really fancy tap this into the TomTom... S27 34.522 E152 42.221... and you'll find yourself there. Good ride if you go via the Bris Valley Hwy, Splityard Creek Rd, Mt Glorious.

If you get a bit West of the big smoke you could try Two Wheel Tyres, they are just beside the intersection of the Warrego Hwy and the Brisbane Valley Hwy. If you want to get really fancy tap this into the TomTom... S27 34.522 E152 42.221... and you'll find yourself there. Good ride if you go via the Bris Valley Hwy, Splityard Creek Rd, Mt Glorious.

Gday Mark909,

Thanks mate - have not spent that much time on your side of the paddock 'cept for the GOR, Tas, Alpine hwy, SW Vicco and SE SA - i.e. South of

Sydney town all on the Sport1100.

Will look at all and any options - work 2on / 2off and so have a few days up my sleeve.

Thanks again all, very kind.

Cheers

mud

This week on my commute from Gold coast to Sunshine Coast (yeah I know..) I saw to V11's one gray cafe sport and one of the burgundy ones... all in one day!! Not sure were all the v11's are coming from but Brisvegas was looking very nice that day...

Ciao

Jasper

This week on my commute from Gold coast to Sunshine Coast (yeah I know..) I saw to V11's one gray cafe sport and one of the burgundy ones... all in one day!! Not sure were all the v11's are coming from but Brisvegas was looking very nice that day...

Ciao

Jasper

Gday Jasper,

You poor sod - what a terrible commute...must be horrible on a warm afternoon...

My commute is 180kms of the wildest country in WA, incredible scenery but probably not as... interestingly shaped as yours!

Cheers

mud