1200 sport suspension settings

Dimitris

I was reading the owner's manual of the 1200 sport. I thought that the front suspension settings were identical to the Breva's. Or not?

As far as the Breva the right side is for the spring preload, whereas the left for the rebound settings.

Aren't these identical to 1200 sport?

Preload (which I don't think it has) would be on both sides. You probably mean compression and rebound. Don't know which side is which.

Seems that it is just my confusion.

As far as the 1200 sport the one is for rebound the other for compression, you are right.

As for the Breva and Norge, I thought that the left one is for rebound and the right for spring preload but as I see both adjusters are for Spring preload only.

Preload is adjusted on both sides at the same time normally. And you can't miss preload adjusters, they usually stick out the top of the fork leg. I do not have either (V 11 & Griso) but don't recall seeing preload adjusters on Brevas or sports, but the Guzzi spec sheet says there are (but no reference to compression or rebound).

well, you made me go to the shed to make you a picture.

first is how it looks to you, no adjustment on these bikes. Then second when you take the lid of, a nice screw for compression. So thats left, and reight is rebound. No preload adjsutment. Preload has to do with spring tension. So who i to heavy or light for the bike should get the forks setup by a specialized shop.

forks1.jpg

forks2.jpg

That's funny. Not suprising, but funny. The Guzzi specs are wrong again. Looks like the forks are just modern versions of V 11 forks.

That's funny. Not suprising, but funny. The Guzzi specs are wrong again. Looks like the forks are just modern versions of V 11 forks.

Well a rsu is a modern version of an upsd forks? Both are from Marzocchi. Thats where similarity ends.

Sorry,I was refering to the compression on one side, rebound on the other. The guts of the fork. Whether it's right side up or upside down is another matter.