Directions How to Remove Speedometer

Tony C

The trip Odometer knob came off my V11 speedo. This is a very common problem as I have read here. The bike is a 2004 Billabio. I need some instructions on how to remove and then replace the speedometer since I am going to try to fabricate a permenate solution to the knob falling off, along the lines of what someone posted here not too long ago.

I had a link to Guzzi shop manuals but the link does not work any more. Hopefully one of you can give me some advice on removing the thing or point me to some instructions. I am going to fabricate a new knob and then lubricate the insides to try to make the thing last a bit longer. I don't want to break anything in the process.

Thanks,

Tony C :helmet:

Tony:

While you're in there, strongly consider lubing the speedo. They last longer if you do.

Here's a primer on how:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...5&hl=speedo

Since writing that, I've change the procedure somewhat. I use a Dremel cutoff wheel chucked in my drill press to cut open the case. Takes about 30 seconds.

Thank you for the advice. The speedo came out quit easy. The only problem I had was the rubber light holder things. Real tough to get out and very delicate. Still trying to find a screw that will hold the knob on the trip odometer.

T