MG Oregon

badmotogoozer

I'm planning a trip around Oregon this August - any good shops I can rely on if I get into trouble? Bend seems to have a couple and one in Medford, though I'll be closer to Bend for most of it. Any feedback appreciated!

cheers

Cascade Moto Classics in Beaverton is good. I have no experience with the dealer in Bend, but Sagerat had some issues with an electrical issue and I believe he had taken it there several times; check the old threads for details.

When you firm up plans, send me a PM if you wouldn't mind a riding buddy for a day. I am always looking for an excuse for a ride!

Thanks daddy-G! I hadn't found that one. Looks like we'll be starting off in Hood River, heading down the Cascades to Crater and then exploring East. I'm saving the coast for a "less Winnebago" time of year. Tentative for Aug 5 or 6. Three of us are going (only one Guz), you'd be welcome to tag along!

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks daddy-G! I hadn't found that one. Looks like we'll be starting off in Hood River, heading down the Cascades to Crater and then exploring East. I'm saving the coast for a "less Winnebago" time of year. Tentative for Aug 5 or 6. Three of us are going (only one Guz), you'd be welcome to tag along!

Hi Ryan,

I would recommend North east oregon for sheer riding please. Use Baker City, John Day, Enterprise or that area as home base, you will be amazed at such obscenely great roads for bikes that are so close to us.

Really, it's worth it.

Steve

• 1 month later...

Dunno re their mechanicking but Cascade in Portland were very friendly & have free coffee when I called into looksee last summer. Was family holiday & just spent half a day on a borrowed bike but fantastic country for riding. Crater Lake was something really special, miles of Alpine curves & then unseen til you peep over the rim there's this almighty lake. KB :sun:

• 5 weeks later...