new shoes for the old work horse

st. augustine

sometime the old work horse needs some TLC. something to make him want to keep taking me down the long road on those long trips. Let me know what you think....maybe someday he can be pick of the month?

april172009_037.jpg

april172009_053.jpg

april172009_055.jpg

First of all, thanks for the comments. especially the one from our esteemed colleague from the country of beautiful cars, motorcycles, great food and wine, the Church (and Saints), and did I mention the fairer sex? I am honored.

I will get more information on the process...it is not paint, it is a two step powder coat that I am guarenteed will not fade. I left this work up to PCS Daytona and the intention of anodizing. However, 2 things were/are happening....1. anodizing needs very clean (ie, new) material to work well on. apparently two tries had mediocre results on the front wheel and the thinking was no matter how clean they thought the wheel was, their must have been something like brake dust that left spotchy results. and 2. apparently anodizing is on the same list as chroming which has got 'the concerned citizens against all things good ' in an uproar.

in the end, we said let's give it a shot.

For past commentators on my mean machine, I got the exhaust pipe black powder coated.

I will post final pictures when done.

I will get more information on the process...it is not paint, it is a two step powder coat that I am guarenteed will not fade. I left this work up to PCS Daytona and the intention of anodizing. However, 2 things were/are happening....1. anodizing needs very clean (ie, new) material to work well on. apparently two tries had mediocre results on the front wheel and the thinking was no matter how clean they thought the wheel was, their must have been something like brake dust that left spotchy results. and 2. apparently anodizing is on the same list as chroming which has got 'the concerned citizens against all things good ' in an uproar.

Well, it's looking d@mn sharp, whatever it is! I don't care what anyone sez, those red wheels look purdy to me! :whistle:

FWIW, cast aluminum alloys typically aren't anodizable w/ any success; the magnesium, copper, zinc or manganese that they add usually interferes w/ the aluminum doing its "thang." Wrought aluminum grades are typically what one sees anodized... At least, that's the story the way I heard it. :luigi:

Please give us more closer/sharper/bigger pics of the final results! I think your V11 will definitely make BotM at some future date! :thumbsup:

I want to know the powder code paint code numbers so I can do my valve covers that color.

will do. I asked my guy Tony @ pcs daytona to write me down the specs...

I like it :D The matching of the rocker covers, wheels and footpeg brackets looks great and the contrast with the black tank is hot. Looking forward to seeing pics when its all done.

will do. I asked my guy Tony @ pcs daytona to write me down the specs...

Tony @ PCS Daytona says the following:

The color is called Vino Rosso and it’s a 2 step base coat color coat ceramic procces……… $350.00 per wheel (bare). Can get them in about a 10 day turn around now….

I'm not a fan of colored wheels either, but I think you did a very tasteful job there. I like the way it matches a few highlights like the valve covers and porkchops. But, what the hell do I know? I'm originally from Texas. :thumbsup:

Tony @ PCS Daytona says the following:

The color is called Vino Rosso and it’s a 2 step base coat color coat ceramic procces……… $350.00 per wheel (bare). Can get them in about a 10 day turn around now….

Too rich for my tastes, but more power to you! Helps maintain that exclusivity factor on top of that you already had just by riding a Guzzi! ;)