gas question...

Fred C. Dobbs

Are there any gas stations here in the states selling straight gas--without ethanol? I've not come accross any in a while. But maybe some of the smaller producers have yet to go the ethanol route. If so I'd like to know--the long term effects of ethanol in a plastic gas tank can't be good. Thanks!

Are there any gas stations here in the states selling straight gas--without ethanol? I've not come accross any in a while. But maybe some of the smaller producers have yet to go the ethanol route. If so I'd like to know--the long term effects of ethanol in a plastic gas tank can't be good. Thanks!

Alcohol in fuel is lethal for fibreglass tanks, the plastic ones are no problem.

Steve

Whether or not a gas has ethanol in it depends not so much on the refiner but on the area it's sold in. Ethanol is put into gas for emissions reasons. It is not done because it is cheaper to make ethanol then gasoline, it is more expensive.

If you live in or near an area that does not require ethanol then consider yourself lucky.