v11 sport rear shock replacement

scre103

in the process of choosing a rear shock for a 2001 v11 sport, the oem sachs is toast. spoke with penske and they want me to send my shock to them so they can build it to spec, whats nice is they have a ride height adjuster, however the quote was around $875, also got an email reply from technoflex who said they can do it. anyone have any experience with them. i will also contact ohlins and works performance today. i read the thread that someone posted on shocks, very helpful. any feedback would be helpful.

Who did you talk to at Penske? Michael Himmelsbach is the guy to talk to. He had one built for my wifes '00 V11 sport. I sent him specs from this forum on the shock and they had one built way faster then anyone else said they could. I had a trip coming up so that was important.

Since you have all the measurements you need for a shock, why dont you try looking in ebay? I was there recently looking at Ohlins rear shock & theres a whole lot of used ones there that would probably fit perfectly for a lot less money than a new shock.

Its a buyer beware situation, but I've gotten a hell of a lot of good deals that way.

Hagon has good shocks, also. Dave Quinn motorcycles sells them.

There's also guzzitech.com and mgcycle and probably others that I can't think of right now.

Bottom line is you have a lot of choices. Pick a price-point first and work up/down from there....

I got my 2-way Penske from Lindemann Engineering, http://www.le-suspension.com/

They shipped with wrong size bushings at one end.

This guy next day'd the right size to me:

Bruce G Kleckner

Penske Racing Shocks

610-375-6180 (work)

610-375-6190 (fax)

Could be they want you to send them the shock because they may be getting mixed messages about what the correct dimensions are.

I wanted the same measurements as the Ohlins for Guzzi eye to eye 286mm and travel of 70mm.

They were able to give me eye to eye ~286mm and travel of ~68-69mm (you need a low body length to stroke ratio to maximize stroke, something HyperPro and wilbers could not deliver for me)

I have been very happy with the shock. :grin: