Laminar Lip

muddy1100

Gday all,

One I found waltzing thru Fleabay.

Was wondering if anybody had come across said beasty and had anything good to say about 'em.

Seem to originate from Pomgolia where they know all about shite weather :lol:

Apparently they are available for a whole bunch of different muddaboiks (Fred Gassit circa 87).

Would consider one for the KTM 640 Adventure - to throw a bait in - those that grizzle about V11 'bar vibration should spend an hour aboard

these tough, uncompromising, amazing, capable jiggers - if your throttle hand has'nt gone numb in about 2.5 kms - I'll buy you a beer!

Lot like the V11 tho - get up it and all thoughts about vibration are wiped from your mind as all of a sudden shit is happening really quickly!!! :race:

Anyhoo - check this out please - all feedback appreciated.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...em=220362588214

Cheers,

mud

Seem to originate from Pomgolia where they know all about shite weather :lol:

Laminar lips have nothing to do w/ the weather, and iirc originate from the States, where we know a lot about wind [being mostly full of hot air ourselves... ;)]

Basic idea is to eliminate flutter in the airstream coming off the top edge of the shield to allow for reducing helmet buffeting. There's other ways to do this, primary among them being a vent at the bottom of the windscreen to bleed pressure from the high (front) side of the screen to the low (back) side: this is seen on the new Norge for instance.

The laminar lips seem to work o.k. but look a little odd: if your helmet is either above or below the dirty air stream coming off the windscreen then the lip is superfluous, but if you're experiencing constant helmet buffeting then the lip is pretty dang special! ;)

Had mine for about 4 years, sometimes fugly but always softer on the helmet. Makes 60-80mph much less stressful on my neck. Above and below 60-80mph not much good for anything beyond bug deflection. :P

Gday all,

Thanks for the feedback crew - sounds about how I'd figured it.

At the risk of being a dill again (redill?) has anybody tried this'n?

And yes I did a search this time altho I may have messed that up too...ever have one of those days?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Moto-Guzzi-...sQ5fAccessories

It's from the GPR Zorstpipe mob - any feedback appreciated.

Cheers,

mud