(not so) quick disconnect fuel lines

rocker59

OK folks,

I've owned my Nero Corsa for over three years and just under 20,000 miles but have never had the occasion to remove the fuel tank.

For air filter replacements, I simply unbolt the back of the tank, tilt it forward, prop it up, and exchange filters...

Well, the bike is due for a deep cleaning after some serious rain riding over the past month...

My Shop Manual is for the early bikes, I guess, because it doesn't show the QD connections on the right side of the tank. The owners manual simply says "to change air filter, remove tank. We recommend seeing a dealer for this"...

That's where I need some help... I've pushed and prodded on the QD connectors and for the life of me, I can't figure them out...

Can anyone tell me how these little buggers operate?

Thanks in advance...

Easy one, Rocker

Push, Push, Pull

1. Push the hose towards the tank fitting

2. Now push the hose collar the opposite direction

3. Pull this all away from the tank fitting in one perfect motion, twisting alittle back and forth as you go.

4. Have the container/rags prepared to catch the gas in the line.

Once you get the get first one, the next is easy, once you got the move down. With perfect timing, with just the right amount of pressure, to both the hose, and the collar. And don't fumble with and then break the stupid glass jar you told yourself you shouldn't even have over concrete, and... <_ src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_luigi.gif" alt=":luigi:">...NEROS RULE!!!

One more important step to add to add to Henry's list. Disconnect the power to the pump first and spin the engine a few times to depressurize the lines. With NO pressure this make it a lot easier! This was a light bulb moment when I found out this little step. :D