yet another question about bars

moscowphil

Well I think I've read everything that has been written about fitting higher bars, but since it seems to depend on which model you've got, I'm hoping some of you fellow scura owners might be able to advise me.... I want to put some conventional bars on my scura, for the purpose of going two-up touring on it this summer. I'm not looking for anything too high - I was thinking in terms of (possibly) renthal lows or ultra-lows, with 2 inch pull-back risers so that the bars will clear the protruding bits of the fork tops. I'm hoping this will give me a sort of sporty touring position - i.e. still leaning into the wind, but at the same time making the bike a bit easier to manhandle when loaded up with passenger and luggage, and putting a bit less weight on my wrists. So the question is, anyone else out there tried a similar setup? And in particular, are the brake and clutch lines and various cables going to be long enough with a bit of re-routing, or will I have to change them all? (In which case I don't think I'll bother). Any views? Cheers. Phil

I used the clamp (riser) from a Jackal I believe (could have been a California- I'm not sure). It works just fine also; fits a standard 7/8 bar. The upside is that it comes with a nifty eagle logo. The disadvantage is that the crossmember makes it harder to put the key in. Win some, lose some.