Single plate steel clutch/flywheel

Bruce Reader

Haven't pulled it apart yet but my Scura has just made some terrible grating sounds and lost power after taking off from the lights. Flywheel/ring gear can be seen askew from the side inspection port.

I'm going to see if this is a guzzi/ram replacement or a full ram one soon but in the meantime was interested in the lightened steel single plate that has been talked about in the past.

Who has one and how is it ?

Where can i get one and cost ?

First flywheel lasted 23000 km and the replacement lasted 40000 km. only symptom this time was some vibration in clutch lever.

Cheers

Bruce

p.s Can anyone post a pick of both sides of a confirmed guzzi flywheel so i can compare ?

• 4 weeks later...
I have the whole guzzi oem replacement kit here. If you want some pics of the flywheel pm me.

Thanks for the pictures of your clutch/flywheel Richard. It appears that your flywheel is quite different to mine. I assume yours is the ram flywheel and mine has had bloody well 2 guzzi ones fitted and failed. My 2nd exploded one has a radius out to the ends as opposed to the stepped out flat pieces in your pictures.

Have just read of a tenni failure in another thread and wonder what the flywheel looks like.

So far do we have any major failures of the ram flywheel ??

Cheers

Bruce

The ring gear bolts chewed a hole in my gearbox- oh happy days. Just as well that i love this bloody bike.

Thanks for the pictures of your clutch/flywheel Richard. It appears that your flywheel is quite different to mine. I assume yours is the ram flywheel and mine has had bloody well 2 guzzi ones fitted and failed. My 2nd exploded one has a radius out to the ends as opposed to the stepped out flat pieces in your pictures.

Have just read of a tenni failure in another thread and wonder what the flywheel looks like.

So far do we have any major failures of the ram flywheel ??

Cheers

Bruce

The ring gear bolts chewed a hole in my gearbox- oh happy days. Just as well that i love this bloody bike.

I'm thinking it's time to go to the solidly engineered twin plate clutch.

Read this: http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14876

Steve