Am I missing any reason...

Greybeard

...why I can't shorten the hose that goes from the fuel pressure regulator to the right injector?

They've routed it all the way out & around the spark plug wire and the wire to the sensor in the right cyclinder head.

Guest ratchethack

Only reason I can think of is that if you have your tank off and back on as many times as I have for air filter and other service, you'll want enough extra hose so you can cut off the end near the FPR when it gets ragged. (I've done it several times now.) It's not that they routed it around the spark plug wire & head temp sensor wires -- someone re-installed it that way.

WRT routing, I'd first thought to keep it as far away from the head as possible to avoid the dreaded Summer Vapor Lock. But since this is the return line to the tank, no matter. No need for any shielding either. :huh2:

Only reason I can think of is that if you have your tank off and back on as many times as I have for air filter and other service, you'll want enough extra hose so you can cut off the end near the FPR when it gets ragged. (I've done it several times now.) It's not that they routed it around the spark plug wire & head temp sensor wires -- someone re-installed it that way.

WRT routing, I'd first thought to keep it as far away from the head as possible to avoid the dreaded Summer Vapor Lock. But since this is the return line to the tank, no matter. No need for any shielding either. :huh2:

Thanks hack.

It's just untidy and that bugs me.

Not tidy at all, dammit.

;)